Downtime

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Zini

Downtime

Post by Zini »

As announced a while back I am going to have a bit of personal downtime.

Background: My computer has been slowly dying since weeks. The new box will arrive today. But since I am changing my main OS and also I am using a heavily customized setup (including some self made tools), switching to the new box will be anything but trivial. I expect to spend extended time configuring and hunting down replacement for applications and plugins/extensions. Also, I probably will have to rewrite some stuff myself.

I intend to do it all in one go, which means I won't have time for anything else.

For OpenMW in particular that means during the transition I will still visit the forum, but not as often as usual. And I will definitely not be able to handle any pull requests.

If everything works well, I should be up and running again in 2-3 days. Otherwise it might take up to a week.
Sslaxx

Re: Downtime

Post by Sslaxx »

Best laid plans and all... good luck.
gus

Post by gus »

Good luck ;)
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Zini wrote:But since I am changing my main OS and also I am using a heavily customized setup (including some self made tools),
What was your main OS and what is your new main OS? :)

Curious minds want to know!
Zini

Post by Zini »

Going from Ubuntu 10.04 to Linux Mint 13.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

So more of a distribution change than an OS? :) I thought you went Mac, Windows or Hurd on us... :P
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

When I get a new netbook I'm seriously considering installing Mint over Ubuntu.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

You'll have to let us know if you like it. Mint has been the "it" distro, for what, a year now?
Zini

Post by Zini »

So far completely unimpressed. Partially because the shop I got my box from partially screwed up the installation, but also Mint tries way too hard to look like Windows. This will require some heavy configuring. I am on it for almost 3 hours now and I have barely scratched the surface.