Stalhrim mining

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Tigelinus

Stalhrim mining

Post by Tigelinus »

I just ran into the problem that - after receiving the Ancient Nordic Pick Axe – I can not mine any Stalhrim pieces, neither in the Raven Rock mine nor in any barrow. I keep hitting away at the stuff, with no result...

Can anybody reproduce that?
K0kt409P

Re: Stalhrim mining

Post by K0kt409P »

This may be obvious, but just in case...When you say that you are "hitting away at the stuff", do you mean that literally? Because that's not how you mine Stalhrim. Just having the Ancient Nordic Pick Axe in your inventory is enough; you'll then be able to get Stalhrim by simply activating it like you would any other mineable object.
Tigelinus

Post by Tigelinus »

Jee, you're right. I thought since it's an axe, I have to actually use it.

Sorry to have taken your time…
KelvinShadewing

Post by KelvinShadewing »

I'm surprised no one's actually made a mod that requires you to hit the ore to mine it. What's ironic is that in Skyrim, if you actually attack a vein with a pick, it'll give you ore as though you'd activated it, which lets you mine faster. It's useful when NPCs won't get out of the way and let you mine normally, and you can still find bonus gems, too.
Sslaxx

Post by Sslaxx »

KelvinShadewing wrote:I'm surprised no one's actually made a mod that requires you to hit the ore to mine it. What's ironic is that in Skyrim, if you actually attack a vein with a pick, it'll give you ore as though you'd activated it, which lets you mine faster. It's useful when NPCs won't get out of the way and let you mine normally, and you can still find bonus gems, too.
It's nice that Skyrim has both the "activate" and "attack" options for mining. A mod like that for Morrowind would be nice to have.