Multiple data paths

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
Zini

Multiple data paths

Post by Zini »

I re-enabled multiple data paths in my multidata branch (which is based on next and will go into 0.18.0 if we succeed here). Not entirely sure, if there is more to do to re-enable it in the launcher.

Can we have some tests please? Does it work for you? Or does it blow up again? When testing please make sure you have multiple data paths in use and there is actually some content in ore than on data path.
Zini

Re: Multiple data paths

Post by Zini »

Does the silence means it works for everybody or did nobody get around to testing it yet?
Zini

Post by Zini »

It seems we will not get anymore testing. I am merging my branch into master now. if things blow up, we will see it soon enough.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

trial by fire, my favourite kind of testing... :D
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Does this enable having multiple BSAs and non-BSA'ed resources?
Zini

Post by Zini »

No. We could do that all along.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

I knew that...
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

Finally had the time to look into this. I've sent you a pull request (to master) that fixes the data-local handling you re-enabled in commit 2284d76. It also fixes and re-enables the handling of multiple data paths (so you might want to pull it into multidata instead)

One thing: I noticed that data= entries in the local configuration file are completely ignored, I believe the culprit is the configuration manager. I believe this is not correct behaviour, right?
Zini

Post by Zini »

You sure about that? If there are data paths in a higher priority cfg source, then all data paths from lower priority sources are completely discarded. Could it be that what you are seeing? Otherwise we have another bug.
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

Yes I suspect that is what I'm seeing, I was under the impression that data entries were supposed to be merged.