What is THIS robe?

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
ForkOfHorripilation

What is THIS robe?

Post by ForkOfHorripilation »

Sorry that is not completely off topic from Morrowind, but at least not converning OpwnMW. But on other pages like Nexus I can only find mod-talk, which this isnt.

I was watching Videos of CoffeeNutGaming to get some info about skills and I always see him wearing a certain equipment. I would be interested what this is, because I guess it might be the best gear around.

If I google "Morrowind best gear" I just get answers like *Daedric Armor is the best gear* which is pretty stupid, as many items have 0,01 % less armor rating and some insane magic effect at the same time.

So I thought the exquisite robe would be the best robe, but he uses something that looks like this:

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mo ... 021278.png

Can you please tell me what this blue-green robe is?
It is not enchanted in the picture that I found, so I guess the Youtube guy might wear a Unique-Item-Variant of this one?

Also would be interested in any other Best-in-Slot equipment, for Pauldrons, Gloves, Legs, ...

THX for any help
Husaco

Re: What is THIS robe?

Post by Husaco »

Just looks like a regular extravagant robe (extravagant_robe_01_t) to me.

Unenchanted robes provide no practical benefit to the wearer and only differ in their enchant value, so it doesn't make any particular difference which robe he wears.

In any case, the character in question is level one, and doesn't even have the best light armour easily accessible at that level, so I wouldn't use it as a reference for the best loadout.

The thing about Morrowind is that a) combat is trivial once you are high enough level or know the power tools in your toolkit, and b) once custom enchanted clothing/armour/jewellery is available it is generally better than anything in the game for the slot, whose power is limited only by the enchant value of the item (daedric items invariably have the best enchant value, offset only by their weight).

There are some unique items that outclass custom items (Boots of Blinding Speed for the utility, for example, or the ridiculous enchantment on the Black Hands Dagger), and there are a few general tips for enchanting (e.g. 1pt Slowfall negates fall damage, Fortify Attribute is better than an effect on a derived value, ranged values are often cheaper and you can easily re-equip until you roll a high value, etc.) but the best gear is the one that best provides utility as you see it.

That's probably why there aren't (m)any serious resources on the "best loadout" like you would find for a Souls game.
polynomial

Post by polynomial »

Your question was answered, but just want to say, that is a really cool mini-map mod. Uses the high-res version of the hand drawn MW map. That's awesome.
lucidam

Post by lucidam »

Husaco wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 02:20 only up Just looks like a regular extravagant robe (extravagant_robe_01_t) to me.

Unenchanted robes provide no practical benefit to the wearer and only differ in their enchant value, so it doesn't make any particular difference which robe he wears.

In any case, the character in question is level one, and doesn't even have the best light armour easily accessible at that level, so I wouldn't use it as a reference for the best loadout.

The thing about Morrowind is that a) combat is trivial once you are high enough level or know the power tools in your toolkit, and b) once custom enchanted clothing/armour/jewellery is available it is generally better than anything in the game for the slot, whose power is limited only by the enchant value of the item (daedric items invariably have the best enchant value, offset only by their weight).

There are some unique items that outclass custom items (Boots of Blinding Speed for the utility, for example, or the ridiculous enchantment on the Black Hands Dagger), and there are a few general tips for enchanting (e.g. 1pt Slowfall negates fall damage, Fortify Attribute is better than an effect on a derived value, ranged values are often cheaper and you can easily re-equip until you roll a high value, etc.) but the best gear is the one that best provides utility as you see it.

That's probably why there aren't (m)any serious resources on the "best loadout" like you would find for a Souls game.
Certainly, thank you.