Launcher 0.48.0 Selected Data Directories not included

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Silverlock

Launcher 0.48.0 Selected Data Directories not included

Post by Silverlock »

Clueless noob here - Using Launcher to add Mods. The first 3 worked as expected - Select 'Data Directories' tab,selected 'Append', pointed to the separate directory, clicked the mods I wanted to add, clicked OK, back to Launcher 'Data Directories' screen, they all have little Swiss Army Knife logo next to them, switch to 'Content Files' tab and check the boxes next to the added mod. Now, some of the Mod subdirectories load and some dont - no Swiss Army Knife logo, and no listing on the 'Content Files' tab. Any suggestions? TIA
AnyOldName3

Re: Launcher 0.48.0 Selected Data Directories not included

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Do the mods have content files? If it's something like a texture replacer, it won't. If there aren't content files, there won't be any extra content files to show in the list, and there won't be the Swiss army knife icon to say there are content files.
Silverlock

Post by Silverlock »

So ESP and ESM files are content files? Thanks for the explanation! I was more confused when I read my openmw.cfg file, and found the entries for those mods! Thanks!
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Yep, ESPs and ESMs are both content files. There are some OpenMW-specific ones as well, namely .omwgame, .omwaddon and .omwscripts, although the latter's just a stop-gap solution while it's not really possible to put the equivalent information in the other formats.