[Solved] Launching crash: record size mismatch

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
guigui

[Solved] Launching crash: record size mismatch

Post by guigui »

Hi!

I got an error that I see for the first time: At launch, at the end of the mods loading, OpenMW crashes. The terminal tells me:

Code: Select all

[13:07:33.552 E] Unexpected destruction of LuaWorker; likely there is an unhandled exception in the main thread.
[13:07:33.667 E] Error: ESM Error: record size mismatch, requested 56, got68
[13:07:33.667 E]   File: /home/guigui/.local/share/openmw/data/delta-merged.omwaddon
[13:07:33.667 E]   Record: INGR
[13:07:33.667 E]   Subrecord: IRDT
[13:07:33.667 E]   Offset: 0x2cc6e
INGR: so it's one (or more) ingredient that is at fault.

It happens to be due to the joint use of french traductions of "Necessities of Morrowind" and "Alchemical Hustle" (i use a french version of Morrowind (datas)). There is no crash if I use only 1 of these 2 mods.
Only 2 ingredients are common to both mods: ingred_ash_yam_01 and ingred_corkbulb_root_01
In the Enchanted Editor I can't see which of these records would have a size of "68". However I see that these 2 records in these 2 mods have a "Byte Offset 1/56".

I can get around this by removing these 2 ingredients from the Alchemical Hustle mod and placing it before Necessities... I guess it would also work if, on the other hand, I removed them from Necessities...

But if someone has a cleaner solution, I'm listening...
Last edited by guigui on 14 Feb 2023, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
bmw

Re: Launching crash: record size mismatch

Post by bmw »

Have you considered opening an issue upstream so that the underlying problem can be fixed?
https://gitlab.com/bmwinger/delta-plugin/-/issues

Invalid records are definitely not expected behaviour.
guigui

Re: Launching crash: record size mismatch

Post by guigui »

Thanks!
After your post i update DeltaPlugin from 0.17.0 to 0.17.1. And now there is no more error. It seems to be solved.
bmw

Re: [Solved] Launching crash: record size mismatch

Post by bmw »

Great! I was thinking this was for a different record type than what had been fixed.