How do I know what sort order to use? What about LOOT?

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
xfreakazoidx

How do I know what sort order to use? What about LOOT?

Post by xfreakazoidx »

So I used the guide at https://modding-openmw.com/ and installed the Graphics Overhaul. But having an issue with something in the game. Someone told me my sort order is a mess. How do I know what order to put things in? Someone mentioned a program named "Loot". But when I ran it, it only goes by the MOrrowing.ini file, not the OpenMW.ini file that shows my mods.

If I could just fix the sort order, I can fix my issue in the game.
LoneWolf

Re: How do I know what sort order to use? What about LOOT?

Post by LoneWolf »

Load order in openmw is a lot less important then in morrowind and easier to change .
The author of the graphics overhaul (and those other lists) did put a lot of effort in determining the order. There could still be issues though.

As fart as I know LOOT doesn't work with openmw.

https://git.sr.ht/~hristoast/openmw-validator can help to locate conflicts, please run the "Check For Errors" command and post the output.

Also start openmw, load a savefile (that does have the problem) and post the openmw.log of it.
(It would help if you tried to explain the problem)
mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

The modding-openmw.com site is not actively maintained, and has a large amount of obsolete information/links etc. (I used the site's feedback form to report several of the issues, but have received no responses months later, and nothing's been fixed). I'd advise against relying too heavily on the site for any information in 2023. That said, as LoneWolf pointed out, at least OpenMW is significantly more forgiving (in general) than vanilla Morrowind when it comes to certain modding issues.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Jonnyhostile's super active on Discord at the moment, so I think it's more likely that the feedback form's busted than the lists are no longer maintained.