No sound on M1 Mac, ideas how to fix?

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
rust5236

No sound on M1 Mac, ideas how to fix?

Post by rust5236 »

I'm using the ARM build found here: https://openmw.org/2022/openmw-0-48-0-i ... -rc-phase/

I installed Morrowind in a VM (I don't have a Windows machine nearby) and transferred the files to my M1 Mac. I ran the installation process in OpenMW and the game runs smoothly, but there is no sound.

I checked both my headphones and my speakers, but both were silent. I played with the sound setting in OpenMW to use different sources, still not getting any sound. One solution I found here on the forums is to restart the computer, but it didn't fix the problem for me. The volume in the game is set to max.

Any idea how to get the sound to work on an M1 Mac? Is this something that worked out-of-the-box for you or did you take additional steps? Any help is greatly appreciated
rust5236

Re: No sound on M1 Mac, ideas how to fix?

Post by rust5236 »

I managed to solve the issue. I assume it was caused by missing files.

I simply zipped the directory before transferring it to the host (last time i did a drag&drop which was probably interrupted halfway). After that I just followed the usual installation steps.