OpenMW no audio - Windows 10 (Yes, I've browsed all the countless threads just like this one)

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
xybernick

OpenMW no audio - Windows 10 (Yes, I've browsed all the countless threads just like this one)

Post by xybernick »

Hello! Just made the switch from Mac to Windows and I've been having a lot of trouble trying to get Morrowind to run properly on OpenMW. I've been able to fix every issue I have come across except for one: NO AUDIO!

From the log:
[16:47:54.889 E] Failed to setup audio context: Invalid Device
[16:47:54.889 E] Failed to initialize audio output, sound disabled
[16:47:54.893 *] Failed to create audio decoder, can not play audio stream[16:47:54.893 *]

I've updated my drivers.

I've updated my computer.

I've updated OpenAl.

I've restarted my computer.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled OpenMW, OpenAl, and restarted my computer.

Still no dice.

Full log:
Spoiler: Show
AnyOldName3

Re: OpenMW no audio - Windows 10 (Yes, I've browsed all the countless threads just like this one)

Post by AnyOldName3 »

When you say you've updated OpenAL, can you clarify what you mean? OpenMW comes with the OpenAL DLL it needs in its installation directory, and might not work if you've attempted to replace/override it with another build. If audio didn't work properly in OpenMW out of the box, did the log contain the same message? Also, for most hardware, the most appropriate drivers to use are the ones installed automatically via Windows Update, so if you've manually installed some alternatives, that might have introduced or exacerbated problems.
xybernick

Re: OpenMW no audio - Windows 10 (Yes, I've browsed all the countless threads just like this one)

Post by xybernick »

Solved my problem... I feel dumb for not checking this!

My issue was with the Behringer Audio Interface I own. I did not have the latest driver for THAT. Now it works. Thank you!
Andreaa23

Post by Andreaa23 »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 19:47 When you say you've updated OpenAL, can you clarify what you mean? OpenMW comes with the OpenAL DLL it needs in its installation directory, and might not work if you've attempted to replace/override it with another build. If audio didn't work properly in OpenMW out of the box, did the log contain the same message? Also, for most hardware, the most appropriate drivers to use are the ones installed automatically via Windows Update, so if you've manually installed some alternatives, that might have introduced or exacerbated problems.
Thanks for your answer, it helped me a lot