Struggling with Cmake on M1 Mac

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
explosiver

Struggling with Cmake on M1 Mac

Post by explosiver »

I've installed all homebrew and all the dependencies on M1 Mac, but I keep struggling to get Cmake to work.
I made a bit of progress taking the command off the wiki and scrunching it into one line like so:
------------------------
cmake -D CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH="/Macintosh HD/Users/jared/Documents/GitHub/openmw-deps-mac:/opt/homebrew/Cellar/qt@5/5.15.7/lib" -D CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT="macosx13.0.1" -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -G "Unix Makefiles" ../openmw/

------------------------------
Here's what happens when I run it, and I've also attached the CMakeOutput.log (The error log was empty for some reason, so I didn't attach it):

--------------------------------
-- Configuring OpenMW...
CMake Error at /opt/homebrew/opt/qt@5/lib/cmake/Qt5Gui/Qt5GuiConfigExtras.cmake:9 (message):
Failed to find "gl.h" in
"/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Headers;/System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/Headers".
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/opt/homebrew/opt/qt@5/lib/cmake/Qt5Gui/Qt5GuiConfig.cmake:227 (include)
/opt/homebrew/opt/qt@5/lib/cmake/Qt5Widgets/Qt5WidgetsConfig.cmake:93 (find_package)
CMakeLists.txt:240 (find_package)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/Users/jared/developer/OpenMW_Project/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/Users/jared/developer/OpenMW_Project/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
Attachments
CMakeOutput.log
(39.1 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
AnyOldName3

Re: Struggling with Cmake on M1 Mac

Post by AnyOldName3 »

There are some people who've had this working, but I've never seen them on the forums. It might be a good idea to ask again on Discord/Matrix/IRC (all of which are bridged together) or search for past posts on Discord/Matrix (IRC won't work as it doesn't keep message history).