Is OpenMW enchanting really the same as vanilla? Current status on OpenMW enchant formulas

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
deBeauharnais

Is OpenMW enchanting really the same as vanilla? Current status on OpenMW enchant formulas

Post by deBeauharnais »

I'm making a new enchant simulator on Excel, and obviously it must be compatible with OpenMW. However, I can't seem to get the same results in-game (OpenMW 0.47) and in my simulator. I would like to know (especially from the OpenMW formulas wizard who roams this forum) if the vanilla mechanics are completely implemented, and thus if I should expect the same results in the vanilla and OpenMW engine.

To give context, my simulator is fairly complex, and I carefully studied and used the formulas provided by the UESPWiki enchant page. I'm well aware that the "OpenMW versions" of the formulas given on this page are not used anymore (having checked the development blog), so I used the vanillas formulas for both engines. And still, every enchant chance in-game are a few points less than what the formulas give me, as if I had not taken a mystery value into account.

The issue should not come from my excel formulas. I use a number of control values, and I also have exactly the same results as the old enchant simulator from this wiki, which was made for the original engine.

Any help would be welcome. I will posts precise examples as soon as I get access to them.
deBeauharnais

Re: Is OpenMW enchanting really the same as vanilla? Current status on OpenMW enchant formulas

Post by deBeauharnais »

This is what I'm using:

Enchantment points requirements by spell:
On self and on touch: (((minimum magnitude + maximum magnitude)*duration + area of effect)/40)*base spell cost
On target: (((minimum magnitude + maximum magnitude)*duration + area of effect)/40)*base spell cost*1.5
Constant effect: (((minimum magnitude + maximum magnitude)*100 + area of effect)/40)*base spell cost

Enchant chance for one spell:
Normal enchantment: (8*enchant + 2*intelligence + luck - 20*enchantment points)/8
Constant enchantment: (8*enchant + 2*intelligence + luck - 40*enchantment points)/8

Sorry I can't mathematics notations.