Conflicting experience with NCGDMW-Lua. pls halp

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
alluringsiltstrider

Conflicting experience with NCGDMW-Lua. pls halp

Post by alluringsiltstrider »

I posted something similar on Nexus mods about this, so I'll be repurposing what I typed there in order to hopefully get some insight & maybe a solution or two to my problem. Really grateful for any time given. Thank you.

I followed the One Day MW Modernisation mod list, so naturally I'm using (or trying to use) NCGDMW Lua Edition for OpenMW 0.48. It is installed, the owmaddon file is enabled in my load order, in the recommended spot for the list, though I get no such mentioned "initialisation" for this mod when I create or load a save.
When I try to add ncgdgw.owmscripts as "content=ncgdmw.owmscripts", that causes the game to complain when opening up that it can't find/load the file. Then the line I added is missing from openmw.cfg when I open it back up, so it clearly doesn't like me trying that. And ncgdmw.owmscripts definitely exists in the mod's data files folder. "ncgdmw.owmaddon" is absolutely being loaded, just not the .owmscripts file. I assume that the owmaddon file *is* loading/reading the owmscripts file at some point.
https://modding-openmw.gitlab.io/ncgdmw-lua/
Mentions having to add the .owmscripts file to the load order. But this doesn't seem to be true, at least from what OpenMW seems to be trying to tell me.

Been on a save for countless hours & hours, still level one. Trying to find out why the hell I'm not levelling up, but it's as if levelling up has become extinct with this mod.

Do I continue playing the save, all while doubting if whether or not my character is actually progressing level (which I'm 99% sure they're not), or do I just call it quits & throw away my (quite extensive) progress thus far. I mean if I got any semblance of an indication that the mod is going what it's meant to, it wouldn't be a problem. But people mention of NCGDMW prompting for initialisation on loading or creation of a new save, I have nothing like that whatsoever. I saw a video somewhere, wherein NCGDMW asked the player what rates they would like, slow/fast/very fast etc.

Since I followed the aforementioned mod list, One Day MW Modernisation, I have also installed the "MBSP - Better Sounds - ncgdMW - Class-Spec - Fixed again Replacement Patch" mod. Which seems to work, I can use my Spellbook to initialise this mod & configure my class' magic specialties. Casting spells does give me %xp for that school, visible in the mod's Spellbook. But my overall character level & progression towards levelling up does not move an inch.

If I missed important information, please ask & I can update this post. Maybe it'll help someone else in a similar situation.

Edit: I am using DeltaPlugin to merge my mods whenever changes are made.
Sorchara

Re: Conflicting experience with NCGDMW-Lua. pls halp

Post by Sorchara »

New to the scene and don't know much so bare with me here. But have you made the same typo as in your post in your openmw.cfg file?

it should be ".omwscripts" not ".owmscripts"
Sorchara

Re: Conflicting experience with NCGDMW-Lua. pls halp

Post by Sorchara »

Just as an addition to my previous reply, I am also experiencing an identical issue in that I have played for hours, I am not leveling nor are my attributes increasing. I have successfully added the scripts file to my content list (I imagine it is the typo causing your game to throw a fit) but it has not solved the issue unfortunately.