Jagged edges and white pixel on terrain edges

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Zaphida

Jagged edges and white pixel on terrain edges

Post by Zaphida »

Hi,

I'm experiencing a lot of jagged edges on the edges of NPCs and structures I tried turning on Use anti-alias alpha testing under Shaders under Advanced in OpenMW Launcher which made no difference. I noticed this option is automatically switched off again whenever I run OpenMW Launcher.

An example:
I'm also getting white pixels at the borders of where two sections of terrain meet:
Same spot from another angle:
Another spot:

Pictures taken from vanilla game, Morrowind, Bloodmooon and Tribunal with Zesterer's OpenMW Shaders installed.
Same issues after installing Tamriel Rebuilt, Patch for Purists, Morrowind Optimization Patch and texture packs.

OpenMW 0.48.0 revision 0a16d54865
PC Specs:
Windows 10 Home 21H2
i7-10750H
GTX 1650 Max-Q
Studio Driver 516.94
Last edited by Zaphida on 20 Aug 2022, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: Jagged edges and white pixel on terrain edges

Post by psi29a »

We don't even know what version of OpenMW you're running.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Part of the issue is that you seem to have MSAA antialiasing disabled. The antialias alpha test setting just makes MSAA also apply to alpha-tested objects, which isn't very many things in vanilla Morrowind, although can be quite a lot of things with mods, e.g. Morrowind Optimisation Patch changes tree leaves from alpha blending to alpha testing.
Zaphida

Post by Zaphida »

We don't even know what version of OpenMW you're running.
Apologies, I have edited the post.

I finally found the anti-aliasing drop down menu in the Graphics settings in OpenMW Launcher that I somehow kept overlooking every time I went in there. However I'm unable to test what it looks like because now I'm having new issues where in 0.4.8 the world simply does not render at all, only menus and in 0.4.7 the world seems to only be half-loaded. I think this needs a new thread.
Last edited by Zaphida on 20 Aug 2022, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Don't edit posts - you post gets hidden and put back into the moderation queue if you do that in case you're a spammer who's made a convincing post to get through moderation, and then edits it to be a spam post once it's been accepted. Wait until the forum software's convinced you're human before editing posts.
Zaphida

Post by Zaphida »

Noted.

I found the anti-aliasing setting in OpenMW Launcher and turned it on to 8. No more jaggy.
Last edited by Zaphida on 20 Aug 2022, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.