Missing Ground/Water Textures

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
bradleybrand

Missing Ground/Water Textures

Post by bradleybrand »

Hello all, I am new to OpenMW. I have a clean install of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - which I also used for Morroblivion of the TES IV: Oblivion game engine. I have tinkered with the settings and graphical settings on the OpenMW Launcher.

When I started on the ship, everything looked fine and run fine. Once I exited the ship, I noticed all land and water was missing. It was just invisible. Not visible at all. Just emptiness. How do I fix this? The collision was there (I could walk on invisible land) but the textures were not.

I would also like to note I have never touched The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. I have never installed a Morrowind mod or played the game without OpenMW.
AnyOldName3

Re: Missing Ground/Water Textures

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Can you please upload your openmw.log?
bradleybrand

Post by bradleybrand »

Hello,

Code: Select all

[04:18:28.834 I] Loading config file: G:\Bradley\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\OpenMW/openmw.cfg
[04:18:28.836 I] Loading config file: E:\Games\OpenMW 0.47.0/openmw.cfg
[04:18:28.838 I] OpenMW version 0.47.0
[04:18:28.838 I] Revision: bac679d5f5
[04:18:28.838 I] Using default (English) font encoding.
[04:18:28.838 I] OSG version: 3.6.5
[04:18:28.838 I] SDL version: 2.0.12
[04:18:28.838 I] Loading settings file: E:\Games\OpenMW 0.47.0/defaults.bin
[04:18:28.839 I] Loading settings file: G:\Bradley\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\OpenMW/settings.cfg
[04:18:28.983 I] Adding BSA archive E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Data Files\Morrowind.bsa
[04:18:28.991 I] Adding BSA archive E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Data Files\Tribunal.bsa
[04:18:28.992 I] Adding BSA archive E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Data Files\Bloodmoon.bsa
[04:18:32.144 E] Error: Archive 'TR_Data.bsa' not found
So I see TR_Data.bsa is an issue. What do I do about that? This is a clean Steam install of Morrowind and OpenMW.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

It's not a clean install - your openmw.cfg contains a line saying fallback-archive=TR_Data.bsa, which means at some point, you've had it loading Tamriel Rebuilt and not got rid of where you told it to load the BSA properly. Also, unless you visit an area affected by Tamriel Rebuilt, not having its BSA wouldn't cause the issues you're describing. Please upload the whole log.
bradleybrand

Post by bradleybrand »

I only downloaded/installed Morrowind to play Morroblivion mod for Oblivion as it is a requirement to have Morrowind installed. Unless anything else has caused issue with Morrowind's files. I have never installed a mod for Morrowind before.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

OpenMW doesn't load Tamriel Rebuilt's BSA by default, so it's 100% something you've changed (either directly in openmw.cfg or in Morrowind.ini that OpenMW's installation wizard has imported) that's put that line there. Have you perhaps copied some settings files from other people at some point or used OpenMW on this machine before?
bradleybrand

Post by bradleybrand »

Really confused since I recently installed Oblivion and then Morrowind for Morroblivion. Then installed Oblivion mods and used Oblivion edit utility to clean mods and a mod to generate Oblivion terrain. I could try unistalling, deleting all files, reinstalling Morrowind. But if any other way would prefer to avoid that. Then hopefully can get OpenMW working. Ive always played Oblivion and Skyrim, never Morrowind.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I've just realised you're not even running OpenMW - that log file ends when OpenMW exited due to the error, which is before you even get into the main menu, so you can't have missing ground and water as they come after the menu.
bradleybrand

Post by bradleybrand »

Hello. Just seen your reply. So I run OpenMW Launcher. Current content list: 2022-08-04T11:38:34 and click play.

Content: Morrowind.esm. All Data Files selected: Bloodmoon.esm, Tribunal.esm.

Graphics: Y: FullScreen. Y: Anti-aliasing 16. Resolution 2560x1440 (wide 16:9). 300.0 FPS. Lighting method: shaders. Shadow extras ticked.

Setting tweaks such as and many more to list:
Advanced: Y: Toggle Sneak. Y: Soulgem values rebalance. Y: Followers defend immediately. Y: Build nav mesh for world geometry. Y: Permanent barter disposition changes. Y: Can loot during death animation. Y: Enchanted weapons are magical. Y: Classic reflected Absorb spells behavior. Y: Always allow stealing from knocked out actors. Y: Always allow NPC to follow over water surface.

Have any idea of how I could fix the issue or what could be causing it? I click Play from OpenMW Launcher. Game looks great except missing ground/water.
bradleybrand

Post by bradleybrand »

Just had an error on launching just now...