Problems with mod organizer

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Wanha

Problems with mod organizer

Post by Wanha »

Hi!

I'm new here so I hope this is the right place to ask this.
I'm using mod organizer for running mods with open morrowind.
Problems is that even thou mod load order seems correct in the mod organizer and im looking at the priority order it claims the load order is wrong.
I't claims Tamriel_data is not loaded before sky_main_grass.esp even thou it is.
Do I need to set the load order elsewhere too? Refering to open morrowind.
I'm trying to do the Total Conversion tree. https://modding-openmw.com/lists/total-overhaul/
Now over 30 hours in and sadly not working.

Had to simple down the list to see where the problems are. So the one in the image does not have all the mods loaded.
LoneWolf

Re: Problems with mod organizer

Post by LoneWolf »

From the author/maintainer of modding openmw site :
MO2 doesn't fully support OpenMW, even with the plugin
see https://modding-openmw.com/getting-star ... ging-mods/ for more info and some tips how it could be used.
AnyOldName3

Re: Problems with mod organizer

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I't claims Tamriel_data is not loaded before sky_main_grass.esp even thou it is.
It isn't. Have you done anything to make it so OpenMW can see the load order you've got in MO2? Just like how if you change your load order in Morrowind.ini and do nothing to make it so OpenMW knows about this, if you get MO2 to change your load order in Morrowind.ini and do nothing to make it so OpenMW knows about it, OpenMW won't know about it. Either run the INI importer from OpenMW's launcher (having launched OpenMW's launcher from MO2) or use the OpenMW Export plugin. The plugin has the added advantage that it makes it so that OpenMW can see MO2's VFS even when MO2 isn't running, so you can launch OpenMW normally instead of having to launch it via MO2.

By the way, you're aware that grass mods shouldn't be activated like normal mods, right? Even though their file extension is .esp, they shouldn't be loaded with actual ESPs. Instead, if you use MGE XE, you should only activate them in the distant land generator wizard when generating distant land, and in OpenMW, via the groundcover list in openmw.cfg. Hopefully, MO2 will sort out a nicer way to do this in the future, but it's the same problem in other mod managers like Wrye Bash.