Arktwend and Myar Aranath

Everything having to do with OpenMW's TES3MP branch.
Tobias44

Arktwend and Myar Aranath

Post by Tobias44 »

Hi guys, back in version 7.0.0 I could get Arktwend and Myar Aranath running, but had problem during the game due to client side scripting issue. Now if I try the same to run the total conversion in 0.8.1 and change the spawn coordinates in the lua.conf file to "Melee, Monastery" or "Forsaken Land", I get an error message:
"[Script]: Server crash from script error! terminate called after throwing an instance of 'luabridge::LuaException'
what(): ./server/scripts/logicHandler.lua:403: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
./tes3mp-server: line 7: 465758 Aborted LD_LIBRARY_PATH="./lib" ./tes3mp-server.x86_64 "$@".
Do I have to disable something from Morrowind in the config files? Thanks.
davidcernat

Re: Arktwend and Myar Aranath

Post by davidcernat »

Your error is actually about a problem with reading the variable table from clientVariableScopes.lua

Have you modified that file?
Tobias44

Post by Tobias44 »

Hi David,
No I have not modified that file. I just edited openmw.cfg and requiredDataFiles.json with the Arktwend files, then I edited config.noninstancedSpawn and config.defaultRespawn in the config.lua file with:
cellDescription = "Forsaken Land",
position = {-79136.9, 24318.5, 19.1162}
and changed
config.useInstancedSpawn = false
When I start the client, I am in the middle of the world in the ocean (seems like Seda Neens coordinations) and then it stops after 5 seconds with "connection lost".
By the way in OpenMW 0.47 using player->getpos or tdt in the console to get the coordinates of the PC doesn't seems to work.
Thank you.
Tobias44

Post by Tobias44 »

Okay, forget it guys, I even get errors in OpenMW 0.47. Before I reach the fort after the introduction, the game always crashes with "Error in frame: array::at: __n (which is 8) >= _Nm (which is 6)". So basically it is not playable for me. My load order is:

fallback-archive=Morrowind.bsa
fallback-archive=Tribunal.bsa
fallback-archive=Bloodmoon.bsa
fallback-archive=marok.bsa

content=ma_script_base.ESM
content=MA_RoK_1.00.ESM
content=MA_Patch_1.00_to_1.34_non-MAE.esp
content=leerstehendes Haus, Ertorath.esp
content=Handel-Service.esp

Thanks everybody.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Have you tried the latest dev builds for 0.48?
davidcernat

Post by davidcernat »

Tobias44 wrote: 09 Jun 2022, 18:26 Hi David,
No I have not modified that file.
Can you show me your clientVariableScopes.lua anyway?
Tobias44

Post by Tobias44 »

Hi, I tried with the Linux build from today and the same error message. I attached the clientVariableScopes.lua as a text file. Thanks.
Attachments
clientVariableScopes.lua.txt
(22.22 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Tobias44

Post by Tobias44 »

I wanted to try out Myar Aranath on the old OpenMW Linux 64 bit binary build 0.45 and 0.46, but on Debian testing I got an error message that libQtCore.so.4 is missing. I create a symbolic link with ln -s to libQtCore.so.5, but it did not work.
davidcernat

Post by davidcernat »

Tobias44 wrote: 16 Jun 2022, 18:50 I attached the clientVariableScopes.lua as a text file. Thanks.
Okay, I get it. I forgot to make the clientVariableScopes table have keys when not using Morrowind.esm at all.

Please change these lines:

Code: Select all

local clientVariableScopes = {
    globals = {}
}
Into these:

Code: Select all

local clientVariableScopes = {
    globals = {
        ignored = {},
        personal = {},
        quest = {},
        kills = {},
        factionRanks = {},
        factionExpulsion = {},
        worldwide = {},
        unknown = {}
    }
}
This will allow you to start the server without it crashing.
Tobias44

Post by Tobias44 »

Dear David,

Thanks a lot. It did work for Aktwend. I first start again in the middle of the ocean under water, than I have to hurry up to enter my name and create my character before running out of breath. After that am teleported to the "Forsaken Land". Is there any method to create the character not under the water?
For Myar Aranath I need the coordinates for the starting location of "Fort Teras, Kellergewölbe". I got the name of the starting location "Fort Teras, Kellergewölbe" from the terminal of OpenMW when I run Myar Aranath. But without the coordinates, the character cannot be teleported there after creation. However when ever I try to open the console in tes3mp or OpenMW and type "player->getpos" or "ToggleDebugText", I get an error message ". How to get the coordinates in game?
Attachments
Morrowind Console.jpg