Server Crash after receiving package for Caius

Everything having to do with OpenMW's TES3MP branch.
Frostmourn

Server Crash after receiving package for Caius

Post by Frostmourn »

Yesterday I installed version 0.8.1 of the server. Created a new character, but the following happens:

- Whenever I leave the census office immediately after character creation, everything is fine. I enter Seyda Neen
- Whenever I asked about my duties, receive the package for Caius as a result the server crashes whenever I leave the room

Logging in with the character again, results in me being stuck in the character creation room

Does anyone know how to resolve this or work around it?
davidcernat

Re: Server Crash after receiving package for Caius

Post by davidcernat »

This definitely doesn't happen in a freshly installed TES3MP. Perhaps you've modified config.lua in an incorrect way?

Please provide a server log with the crash. If you're on Windows, server logs can be found in C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\OpenMW and their filenames start with "tes3mp-server".
Frostmourn

Post by Frostmourn »

Thanks for the reply David.
After your feedback I looked into the matter.
Turns out a plugin that was only supposed to sync the Main quest to the journals was causing trouble.
Disabled to plugin, and configured the server as such that journals are always synced.
Now it's working fine.

Got one additional question though, and instead of opening a separate topic, I'll just ask it here:
Is there a way to periodically respawn bandits and creatures? Am a bit worried the island will become too empty after a while.

Tried using Atkana's Cell Reset script, it crashed the server.
davidcernat

Post by davidcernat »

Atkana's Cell Reset script was for a previous version of TES3MP. Try using one for the current version, like Learwolf's Cell Reset script.
Frostmourn

Post by Frostmourn »

Found and installed that script David, work's like a charm!