Lua scripting getting started

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
davidcernat

Re: Lua scripting getting started

Post by davidcernat »

JimmyTang0055 wrote: 03 Jun 2022, 00:12 I think i've made a little headway. I've noticed the openMW launcher has a little pocket knife where you can go in and select plugins.
the only things i see listed are file types .esp and .esm. i dont see the .lua files anywhere in the list. even though i've added the proper entries to the openmw.cfg file as already discussed.
You've already been given the answer to this. TES3MP is based on OpenMW 0.47, not OpenMW 0.48, which means it can't use clientside Lua scripts because those were only added in OpenMW 0.48, which isn't released yet.
alluringsiltstrider

Re: Lua scripting getting started

Post by alluringsiltstrider »

JimmyTang0055 wrote: 03 Jun 2022, 00:12 So here is my confusion
the package i downloaded from here
https://github.com/TES3MP/TES3MP/releases
contained a tes3mp server exe file.
It appeared to also contain 2 client exe files. one for tes3mp and one for openmw.
now before adding any mods, i was able to use either client to connect to the tes3mp server
I was able to add several mods and get everything working (all esp and esm types)
lua mods no luck.

is the tes3mp server intended to work with both the openmw client as well as the tes3mp client?

I think i've made a little headway. I've noticed the openMW launcher has a little pocket knife where you can go in and select plugins.
the only things i see listed are file types .esp and .esm. i dont see the .lua files anywhere in the list. even though i've added the proper entries to the openmw.cfg file as already discussed. Would this be the reason the openmw launcher removes the entry when it tries to run?

i guess i would wonder if i could imbed lua scripts inside of esp or esm files to get around this?
So I've spent a lot of time trying to get NCGDMW-Lua edition to work with OpenMW 0.48.
Basically I have the exact same problem, where OpenMW errors stating it cannot load/find the "ncgdmw.owmscripts" file. Even though the NCGDMW-Lua pages & README states that this file needs to be in the load order like this. Reopening openmw.cfg shows that it really doesn't like trying to load this ".owmscripts" file, because the "content=ncgdmw.owmscripts" line is totally gone.

I would think this shouldn't be this difficult for people to get working... I reported an issue on the NCGDMW-Lua Gitlab repo https://gitlab.com/modding-openmw/ncgdmw-lua/-/issues/7

Just have to wait, hopefully we'll have some good news.