OpenMW keeps resetting Mod Load order changes

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
jollyhoop

OpenMW keeps resetting Mod Load order changes

Post by jollyhoop »

Hello. I'm using OpenMW 0.47.0 and every time I open OpenMW Launcher, it keeps resetting the Data Files order. For example, Bloodmoon.esm is over Tribunal.esm so I put them in the right order. However, as soon as I reopen OpenMW Launcher, the changes I made disappear and I'm left with files in disorder. I also tried to makes the changes directly in openmw.cfg but once again, when I open OpenMW Launcher, the changes I made in openmw.cfg are reset.

If anyone has any idea what's happening and/or how to fix it that would make my day. Thanks in advance.
mikeprichard

Re: OpenMW keeps resetting Mod Load order changes

Post by mikeprichard »

You may find some useful info here, although you may have something else going on as well - https://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?p=72242#p72242
jollyhoop

Post by jollyhoop »

Turns out it was only that! Thanks I didn't know I needed to have things activated for them not to end up at a random place in the list. Thank you.
mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Sure - glad I could help! It would be nice if the devs could make it so the user's imposed order of disabled content files could be remembered in the launcher, but I'm not sure that's technically practical/possible, and in any case would probably be low priority. The issue is at least somewhat confusing to some users, as recently reported here.

EDIT: There's an issue open for this on git; not sure when progress may be possible on this:
https://gitlab.com/OpenMW/openmw/-/issues/2708