Are there nightly builds for non-Windows OSes? - specifically macOS

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
hokan

Are there nightly builds for non-Windows OSes? - specifically macOS

Post by hokan »

I've checked https://gitlab.com/OpenMW/openmw/-/pipe ... us=success but can only see Windows builds.

I did see an older (4 weeks old) macOS build a few days ago, but this has since disappear, presumably because everything older than a month gets removed.
AnyOldName3

Re: Are there nightly builds for non-Windows OSes? - specifically macOS

Post by AnyOldName3 »

The MacOS build is broken at the moment. If you get rid of the &status=success from the end of that URL, MacOS jobs should show up, but they're not usable as they failed.
hokan

Post by hokan »

Broken in the sense that it's the CI pipeline that's broken, or broken in the sense that it wouldn't compile if I built it locally?

I'll probably just wait either way, but it would be nice to know.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Code: Select all

Run CPack packaging tool...
CPack: Create package using DragNDrop
CPack: Install projects
CPack: - Run preinstall target for: OpenMW
CPack: - Install project: OpenMW []
CPack: -   Install component: Bundle
CPack: -   Install component: Runtime
CMake Error at /usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.23.1_1/share/cmake/Modules/BundleUtilities.cmake:458 (message):
  otool -l failed: 1
  error:
  /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/otool-classic:
  can't open file: @loader_path/libicudata.70.dylib (No such file or
  directory)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.23.1_1/share/cmake/Modules/BundleUtilities.cmake:527 (get_item_rpaths)
  /usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.23.1_1/share/cmake/Modules/BundleUtilities.cmake:649 (set_bundle_key_values)
  /usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.23.1_1/share/cmake/Modules/BundleUtilities.cmake:934 (get_bundle_keys)
  /Users/gitlab/builds/OpenMW/openmw/build/cmake_install.cmake:158 (fixup_bundle)
CPack Error: Error when generating package: OpenMW
make: *** [package] Error 1
I think if you built it locally, you'd be able to get away without bundling it, so wouldn't hit this error. That doesn't necessarily mean there wouldn't be a runtime error with the same root cause, though.