Make roll-over tooltip boxes presistent within reference object boundaries

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
shelless

Make roll-over tooltip boxes presistent within reference object boundaries

Post by shelless »

First post, just registered, hope I'm in the right place for this.

I find it very irritating that the roll-over tooltips (e.g. when you have your menues opened and move the mouse poninter over your known spell list) that the tooltip disappears when you move the mouse over an activated reference object without leaving the boundries.

To make myself more clear: Let's say I am moving my mouse over "Ondusi's ..." spell. When the mouse rolls over the "O" from the (e.g.) left the tooltip is displayed. As long as I stop moving the mouse everything is okay. But if I now move the mouse just a tad to the right (over the "n"), the tooltip disappears and immediately appears again when I stop moving the mouse once the pointer is over the "n".

The display has to be made persistent for so long as the mouse pointer is within the (2D-)viewport boundaries of the WHOLE displayed string.

Note: The behavior may also be dependend on the tooltip delay one can adjust in the options menu.

PS:

Apart from the above some words to the makers of OpenMW: This is just plain awsome. I am totally new to OMW, sporting the Total Overhaul with ~350 mods (installation took 2 days, haha) on my laptop (i10875, 2070 Super) and besides some lowish FPS in cities I haven't had a single crash in 40 hours, have seen about 25% of the game world and encountered a mere -2- missing objects (A "Water bottle" NIF and the completely missing right upper arm of a guy in the Fighter's Guild in Balmora). The game looks very(!) nice and plays completely smooth (30-60 FPS) apart from Balmora at night (10-20 FPS, ehm ...). Thanks for all you effort, OpenMW-Team, great stuff!