Strange bug Mournhold water sound when walking

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
goldeen7

Strange bug Mournhold water sound when walking

Post by goldeen7 »

I got a really strange and irritating problem. When I walk in Mournhold (Tribunal) in the outside areas: Temple Courtyard, GodsReach, Great Bazaar, I hear water sound, just like if you walk near river.

This does not happen when I enter any kind of establishment, like shops. Then there is no water sound. So it gets back to normal.

I search online and various forums, didn't find anything like that happen to anyone before. It's really irritating and I'd like to get rid of it without having to reinstall the entire game.

The thing that maybe caused it, is that at some point, I typed "tcl" to toggle off collisions. Then I went down, under the walking surface for a moment (in order to "bring up" a missing NPC). After that I came back up, typed "tcl" again to switch the collisions on and my character dropped onto the walking surface. Then I continued to play the game.

I don't know, maybe switching collisions off for a moment and going down under the walking surface where the water is, somehow made the game associate water with walking on the Mournhold ground. No idea.

Or maybe something else has caused this.

I'd be really really gateful if someone could please share any tips/advise of what I could do (or try to do) in order to solve this problem!

Every time I arrive in Mournhold and start walking around I hear the sound of the shimmering water. Exactly the same as if you walked in Balmora near the river. Only difference is that there is no water in Mournhold. Very irritating.

Kindly please help and advise!
rsbean

Re: Strange bug Mournhold water sound when walking

Post by rsbean »

I also seem to be experiencing this issue but I never changed collision settings.

Did you ever figure out what it was in the end?