LOOT loadOrder issue

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Violen

LOOT loadOrder issue

Post by Violen »

My Load order changes in Loot(While working fine for steam launcher) are not being reflected in the OpenMW launcher. How do i fix this?

Note: I am aware that there is something called the CFG generator and a tool called Mlox. CFG looks like a dead Chinese language to me, and ive heard Mlox is outdated, plus i don't like using/learning new tools when i can just use one(like Loot) that can work will enough for me. I just like to do a rough pass with Tool, then manually fix whatever needs it.
AnyOldName3

Re: LOOT loadOrder issue

Post by AnyOldName3 »

CFG is basically just a short way to write config, so lots of applications have their configuration stored in .cfg files. You'll have read something that was talking about this tool: https://modding-openmw.com/cfg-generator/

Anyhow, the gist of your problem is that LOOT's changing the load order specified in Morrowind.ini, which is where the original engine stores its configuration, but not in openmw.cfg, where OpenMW stores its configuration. You need to re-run the INI importer from OpenMW's launcher so it transfers the changes.
Violen

Re: LOOT loadOrder issue

Post by Violen »

Thank you.