Container/Looting Bug

Everything having to do with OpenMW's TES3MP branch.
Seldalore

Container/Looting Bug

Post by Seldalore »

Hi,

Hoping someone has a solution to this issue I encounter on occasion.

When I attempt to loot some items from a foe, there is no UI response when selecting the item(s). No dragging of the item like usual. Disposing of corpse doesn't add the items in question to the inventory, either - just removes the character w/ the buggy items altogether. I do not know what the criteria is for the item to bug out when this happens, as it is not every item in the inventory that contains it. If I recall correctly, the items are always equipped to the actor being looted.

I closed the server and went back into the game, no dice. I checked with another player that was active in the session - same problem, same items.

I took a look at the server log (attached), and it looks like the action is being registered. But the item does not react to being clicked on, aside from the info box just disappearing.

It's not an 0.8.0-specific issue, as I ran into this in the past, but thought it's time to report it. I died many times trying to get that Lord's Mail - what terrible luck!

Edit: It appears to be specific to items with a magical charge (apparel or weapons).
Attachments
Log
Log
davidcernat

Re: Container/Looting Bug

Post by davidcernat »

A while ago, OpenMW made it so items in the world automatically recharge their enchantment charges slowly when you're in the same cell as them. This, however, is not something that should happen unilaterally on clients because those enchantment charges end up conflicting with the ones the server has stored.

Can you see if you still have the problem with a hotfixed 0.8.0?
Seldalore

Post by Seldalore »

Is the hotfixed 0.8.0 a separate version for download?
davidcernat

Post by davidcernat »

No. Look at the 0.8.0 release page on GitHub and read the last line.
Seldalore

Post by Seldalore »

Ah, I see. Thank you.