Anaglyph version?

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
Mordigant

Anaglyph version?

Post by Mordigant »

I'm not sure if this is the right section of the site. Basically I am interested to know if there is a version of either the original Morrowind,exe or OpenMW that supports anaglyph 3d (red and blue glasses.)
AnyOldName3

Re: Anaglyph version?

Post by AnyOldName3 »

There are some environment variables you can set that should enable OpenSceneGraph's anaglyph 3D mode, but some things will look wrong as it's not really something we maintain. I think you'll want OSG_STEREO set to ON, OSG_STEREO_MODE set to ANAGLYPHIC and then OSG_EYE_SEPARATION set to a number that makes things look good.
Mordigant

Post by Mordigant »

Where do I find those OSG lines? I don't see them in the config file.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

They're environment variables, so you'll need to look up how to run processes with environment variables for your OS.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I just gave it a go and those environment variables seem to work in 0.47, but not with the master branch. It was impressive for a few minutes (despite my anaglyphic glasses being terrible) but the novelty quickly wore off and it felt totally normal, just with weird colours. I guess that's the problem with real life being 3D - other 3D things quickly feel normal, and that's coming from someone who liked the brief era where films were available in 3D.