All servers unreachable, was working before

Everything having to do with OpenMW's TES3MP branch.
Swadian63

All servers unreachable, was working before

Post by Swadian63 » 14 Mar 2020, 23:51

I was just playing Tes3MP and closed the game to check something out. I open the browser and now all servers are unreachable, sometimes the list doesn't appear or doesn't show all servers. What can I do besides allowing it through the Firewall and running as admin? Turning off my Firewall and anti-virus did nothing. I was playing perfectly fine for a long time on all servers but all of a sudden now I cannot even connect.

testman

Re: All servers unreachable, was working before

Post by testman » 21 Mar 2020, 23:58

I believe master server had some issues at that time. Things are back to normal I assume. If not, please do let us know. It can happen from time to time that master server has some hiccups. But even if that is the case, direct connection to TES3MP servers should still be working.

Swadian63

Post by Swadian63 » 26 Mar 2020, 00:03

Hey look, a reply! Well no, everything in the serverlist is"unreachable". In some rare instances, some servers appear but all the servers that appear are the high ping servers and many are still "unreachable". Like I cannot connect to a server I played before and there is people on it. And I know I'm not the only one having this issue because I knew someone who had the same issue and he just ended up quitting.

I'm sure this is a know bug but nobody not even the creator knows how to fix it, I've noticed he replies here often. So I also ended up quitting since TES3MP is really inconsistent (and I'm not just talking about gameplay) and lacks basic features for a server browser.

If you do know a fix let me know, but I highly doubt there is a fix for this.

davidcernat

Post by davidcernat » 26 Mar 2020, 14:56

Swadian63 wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 00:03
Hey look, a reply! Well no, everything in the serverlist is"unreachable". In some rare instances, some servers appear but all the servers that appear are the high ping servers and many are still "unreachable". Like I cannot connect to a server I played before and there is people on it. And I know I'm not the only one having this issue because I knew someone who had the same issue and he just ended up quitting.
The majority of the servers show up just fine to me at the moment. Are you sure you weren't having a temporary problem? Can you show me a screenshot?
Swadian63 wrote:
I'm sure this is a know bug but nobody not even the creator knows how to fix it, I've noticed he replies here often.
This seems a bit misinformed of you. Koncord coded the server browser and the master server and still runs the latter. It's up to him to fix it, unless he's willing to transfer control of it to me.
Swadian63 wrote:
So I also ended up quitting since TES3MP is really inconsistent (and I'm not just talking about gameplay) and lacks basic features for a server browser.
Have you ever considered doing a direct connection to the desired server? The server browser isn't exactly essential when you have a different way of joining.