[Linux] Modinstallation

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Serya

[Linux] Modinstallation

Post by Serya »

Hi,

I hope I'm in the correct forum here. I ran into a problem with the installation on my Mint 19.1 (if this is relevant). It's the first time i install a mod and my english is not the best so maybe I just misunderstand something.

The instruction says I have to edit the configfile in "$HOME/.config/openmw" and NOT the one in the rootdirectory of OpenMW (I suppose it's the one in "$HOME/.var/app/org.openmw.OpenMW/config/openmw"). If i edit the "allowed" file nothing happens (nothing changes in the launcher), but if I edit the "forbidden" one the .esp is displayed in the launcher. This is the thing where i maybe misunderstand the instructions.

But the bigger problem is that the .esps are loaded but not their datas like meshes or textures. I tried to install Morrowind Rebirth 5.0. The Path to the mod is "$HOME/Spiele/Mods/Morrowind Rebirth-5.0/Data Files".

This is how my configfile looks like (the ... are standing for my username):

Code: Select all

data="/home/.../Spiele/Morrowind"
data="/home/.../Spiele/Mods/Morrowind Rebirth-5.0/Data Files"
content=Morrowind.esm
content=Tribunal.esm
content=Bloodmoon.esm
content=Morrowind Rebirth [Main].ESP
In the folder where the .esp is are also the folders for the meshes, textures and so on. But most of the time ingame I (and NPCs) immediately fall through the floor as soon as I enter a changed house because there is nothing I can stand on. There are also no walls and no furniture so e.g. plates are floating in the air.

I can't imagine this is a error in the mod itself (the 5.0 version exits since 6 months or so) or in the game (I think it would have been already reported and fixed), so there must be something wrong at my side. Does someone have an idea (probably it's something easy and stupid and I just don't see it).

Thanks in advance

Edit:
I also tried it with version 0.46 but nothing changed. I found an file called "openmw.log" maybe this contains more information:
Spoiler: Show
Jemolk

Re: [Linux] Modinstallation

Post by Jemolk »

So, first off, the Support forum (under General) would probably be where you'd get the most help and attention.

Second -- are you using the same language version for everything? Cells having a different name than expected can wreck things really badly, because the IDs are actually the displayed cell names. So if the original game files are in, say, German, and Rebirth is English and expecting English cell names, you could wind up with English versions of the cells which only contain those things explicitly changed by Rebirth, and not the things Rebirth leaves alone -- like floors, in some cases. And you'd get placed in the (floorless) English versions due to the way the cell references on doors occur. At least, that's my (admittedly perhaps somewhat inaccurate) layman's understanding of the problem.

Hope that you can get this figured out and fixed.
Serya

Post by Serya »

Hi,

thanks for your answer. I really have the german version of MW. Can I move the topic by myself, or do I have to repost or "report" it because I didn't find a way to do it myself?
Jemolk

Post by Jemolk »

Only moderators could move it, but I think you could repost it in Support and it would be fine.

Good luck on figuring it all out, by the way.