Scripted alchemy vendors restock mod/ST_Alch_Economy broken

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Artukka

Scripted alchemy vendors restock mod/ST_Alch_Economy broken

Post by Artukka »

It seems that the Scripted Alchemy Vendors Restock Re-balanced mod is broken in OpenMW -- specifically, it does not perform its primary intended function, which is to prevent vendors from instantly restocking alchemy ingredients (instead, they are meant to restock every in-game week or so).

This mod does work for me when using Morrowind.exe in an otherwise vanilla GOTY configuration.

This mod requires ST_Alchemy, which also includes a proof-of-concept version of this mod that utilizes the same script (ST_Alch_Economy_alpha.1.0.esp) but which only affects a single vendor (Arrille). The alpha/proof-of-concept mod included with ST_Alchemy does not work in OpenMW either.

Load order:

Morrowind.esm
Tribunal.esm
Bloodmoon.esm
ST_Alchemy_Base_1.5.esp
ST_Alch_Economy.esp

Note that I've done most of my testing with the 1.5.7 version of ST_Alchemy that is available here, but I've also tested with the 1.4.7 version that's available available on Great House Fliggerty and confirmed that ST_Alch_Economy.esp also doesn't work in OpenMW when using that earlier version of ST_Alchemy_Base.

I've tested with both OpenMW 0.45 release and the 0.46 (04f2b320b9) nightly (x64, Windows 10).

A final note is that while ST_Alchemy is listed with a green check mark on the mod status page at least as of 0.42, I'm guessing the ST_Alch_Economy_alpha plugin wasn't tested. I'll probably update the wiki unless it becomes apparent in the course of this thread that I did something wrong.
akortunov

Re: Scripted alchemy vendors restock mod/ST_Alch_Economy broken

Post by akortunov »

Judging by scripts from this mod, it uses AddItem/RemoveItem for levelled lists, and AddItem to remove restockable items (which have negative count).
These features work properly only with MCP, despite mod description does not say that.
In OpenMW these features are not implemented, and they will not be implemented soon since they require savegame format change (an ability to override base records, more specifically).
Artukka

Re: Scripted alchemy vendors restock mod/ST_Alch_Economy broken

Post by Artukka »

Thanks, akortunov.

I will note that I don't have the MCP installed in the configuration I tested with Morrowind.exe, in which the mods do appear to function (at least in terms of preventing instant restocking) though I haven't done extensive testing and I understand the mod's implementation could be problematic in other ways.