Master won't compile

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
Zini

Re: Master won't compile

Post by Zini »

Well, if different warning settings are used, then you can't expect the code to be warning free.

But actually this particular warning (globals) could easily be fixed by changing the type of value (to float). The reinterpret_casts are a relict from a earlier misinterpretation of a particular ESM record.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Right, I fixed most (if not all) of the warnings when building on windows. Git decided to merge in some unrelated things into it though, so if it conflicts perhaps a cherry-pick is the way to go.
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

Since you are testing on windows, there's a slight chance music and sound will not be working at all on windows (if I failed with some filesystem conversions), probably not though. If it is the case though, it's better to find out sooner rather than later.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Sorry, way too many changes all mixed together, of which I am not even sure I understand them all (including some stuff that definitely should not be included and some that are definitely not correct). A merge is out of question, but I am not very enthusiastic about cherry-picking either.

I think most of these warnings could be better addressed by adjusting the MSVC warning level globally (in the cmake script). Especially all those silly float->double warnings require tons of needless code changes. Can't we just disable them?
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Zini wrote:Especially all those silly float->double warnings require tons of needless code changes. Can't we just disable them?
I'll add some warning disables instead then, new commit up soon.

On another note it crashed when I tried to run it;

Code: Select all

ERROR: NIFFile Error: Unknown record type NiStencilProperty
File: meshes\sky_night_01.nif
Could be one of my mods (Mostly visual enhancments) but I still don't think it should crash.
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

I am getting these linker errors with OpenEngine:

3>renderer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall OEngine::Render::Fader::update(float)" (?update@Fader@Render@OEngine@@QAEXM@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall OEngine::Render::OgreRenderer::update(float)" (?update@OgreRenderer@Render@OEngine@@QAEXM@Z)
3>renderer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall OEngine::Render::Fader::Fader(void)" (??0Fader@Render@OEngine@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall OEngine::Render::OgreRenderer::createScene(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >,float,float)" (?createScene@OgreRenderer@Render@OEngine@@QAEXV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@MM@Z)
raevol

Post by raevol »

@_@
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Did you miss a submodule update or something, seeing as the errors seem focused on OpenEngine?
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

Its the newest OpenEngine that is causing the problem for me. Using an older openmw paired with an older openengine works fine.
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

Nevermind

EDIT: Got the latest openengine working, and along with gus's windows fix I should be good now.