List of (other) FOSS game engine replacement projects

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
User avatar
Capostrophic
Posts: 573
Joined: 22 Feb 2016, 20:32

Re: List of (other) FOSS game engine replacement projects

Post by Capostrophic » 25 Sep 2018, 14:13

Open sores.

LordInsane
Posts: 15
Joined: 17 Jul 2018, 15:01

Re: List of (other) FOSS game engine replacement projects

Post by LordInsane » 26 Sep 2018, 20:31

I imagine a Wizardry (maybe other fantasy) project could do OpenSorcery. Or a Discworld one OpenSourcery.

Mishtal
Posts: 13
Joined: 13 Dec 2016, 06:45

Re: List of (other) FOSS game engine replacement projects

Post by Mishtal » 26 Sep 2018, 23:20

Not engine re-implementations / replacements, but actual open source continuations of commercial games:

https://wz2100.net/
https://github.com/BlindMindStudios/StarRuler2-Source

silentthief
Posts: 343
Joined: 18 Apr 2013, 01:20
Location: Currently traversing the Ascadian Isles

Re: List of (other) FOSS game engine replacement projects

Post by silentthief » 27 Sep 2018, 14:39

Mishtal wrote:
26 Sep 2018, 23:20
Not engine re-implementations / replacements, but actual open source continuations of commercial games:

https://wz2100.net/
https://github.com/BlindMindStudios/StarRuler2-Source
Sourcecode for 7 kingdoms was released with GPL license:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/skfans/
"Hurry, hurry! Last boat to Solstheim! Until the next one. Hah-ha-hah."

User avatar
psi29a
Posts: 4525
Joined: 29 Sep 2011, 10:13
Location: Belgium
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/
Contact:

Re: List of (other) FOSS game engine replacement projects

Post by psi29a » 27 Sep 2018, 14:46

They switched over to github...
https://github.com/the3dfxdude/7kaa

terabyte25
Posts: 55
Joined: 26 Jul 2018, 12:58

Re: List of (other) FOSS game engine replacement projects

Post by terabyte25 » 06 Oct 2018, 20:30

No mention of Minetest? :D

Chris
Posts: 1536
Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 08:33

Re: List of (other) FOSS game engine replacement projects

Post by Chris » 06 Oct 2018, 20:41

terabyte25 wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 20:30
No mention of Minetest? :D
Minetest isn't really an engine replacement. It's its own game in a style very similar to Minecraft, but it doesn't replace the original engine and utilize its preexisting assets in a compatible way.

terabyte25
Posts: 55
Joined: 26 Jul 2018, 12:58

Re: List of (other) FOSS game engine replacement projects

Post by terabyte25 » 06 Oct 2018, 23:19

Chris wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 20:41
terabyte25 wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 20:30
No mention of Minetest? :D
Minetest isn't really an engine replacement. It's its own game in a style very similar to Minecraft, but it doesn't replace the original engine and utilize its preexisting assets in a compatible way.
Whoops, I was thinking of FOSS games in general, sorry! :)

User avatar
lysol
Posts: 1226
Joined: 26 Mar 2013, 01:48
Location: Sweden

Re: List of (other) FOSS game engine replacement projects

Post by lysol » 28 Jan 2019, 21:01

B-b-b-bump!

Updated the post. Not that much has changed really. Xoreos seems to have at least one quite active developer now, compared to last time. Also, OpenRA has started working on support for the KKnD games, aka "Krush Kill n Destroy". Such a cool name, I know.
Normal mapped texture replacers, exclusive for OpenMW:
My Nexus page

LordInsane
Posts: 15
Joined: 17 Jul 2018, 15:01

Re: List of (other) FOSS game engine replacement projects

Post by LordInsane » 29 Jan 2019, 07:49

lysol wrote:
28 Jan 2019, 21:01
B-b-b-bump!

Updated the post. Not that much has changed really. Xoreos seems to have at least one quite active developer now, compared to last time. Also, OpenRA has started working on support for the KKnD games, aka "Krush Kill n Destroy". Such a cool name, I know.
As I understand the KKnD support is technically a separate project done on the OpenRA engine (that's why it isn't listed on OpenRA's About page but is on moddb). Still a pretty good sign of OpenRA's relatively mature status.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests