Move RTD docs to separate repo

All discussion on project related documentation including source docs, manuals, and tutorials go here.
Ravenwing

Re: Move RTD docs to separate repo

Post by Ravenwing »

Scrawl is no longer here, but I believe psi29a and I are on the same page that any and all documentation should be maintained in a single place. I'm at work right now so can't give this the attention it deserves, but if you have input as to why this should be one way or the other, we'd certainly be interested to hear it. I imagine we probably would want your CS documentation to simply link to the relevant sections to ensure it's always up to date. Psi29a has final say on all this kind of stuff though.

And welcome! Glad to see someone working on the CS!
desttinghim

Re: Move RTD docs to separate repo

Post by desttinghim »

I would side with putting the docs in the same repository as the code so we don't get desyncs (assuming the documentation is updated at the same time as the code :P). The docs I am most interested in is scripting, CS usage, and so on. Having this available offline (or at all) for modders/game creators would make working with OpenMW-CS far easier. Do we have this sort of documentation in the openmw repo?

EDIT: Answered my own question by looking around a little more. The documentation is in the repo in rst format.