Artist wants to help the project.

Join the team. This area is for people who are not coders who want to participate in OpenMW's development.
Andreshimas

Artist wants to help the project.

Post by Andreshimas » 15 May 2018, 10:00

Is there anything that I could help with? I can help with the artistic work of the project.

lysol

Re: Artist wants to help the project.

Post by lysol » 15 May 2018, 12:05

Since we don't ship the engine with any assets, there aren't really that much to do, art wise directly related to the project. However, there is the example suit project of course. Talk to DestinedToDie about that if you're interested.

Otherwise, a good way to help out is actually to make mods for Morrowind that uses features OpenMW can use that vanilla can't, like normal maps.
Normal mapped texture replacers, exclusive for OpenMW:
My Nexus page

JohnMaster

Post by JohnMaster » 16 May 2018, 13:36

As lysol stated potentially the Example Suite, check out the developer checklist. Otherwise, a OpenMW mod, e.g. the exclusive OpenMW mods.

Thunderforge
Github profile: https://github.com/Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge » 26 May 2018, 03:46

All that said, there are occasional needs for artwork for the website and such (as with the header). I'm not aware of any outstanding requests right now, but if you can find a need, definitely pitch it.

drummyfish
Github profile: https://github.com/drummyfish

Post by drummyfish » 27 May 2018, 15:08

Yes, I'd also love to see you join the example suite project, you'd be helping to create a completely libre game, which many people would thank you for and which would also get the libre game community to embrace OpenMW - currently the libre people often dismiss OpenMW because the content and the scipts are proprietary. A completely libre content would allow OpenMW to be listed at LibreGameWiki and would get us more devs and publicity.

Also if you'd publish the artwork you create for the project at OpenGameArt under CC0, you'd be my hero :)