Dialogue GUI/System

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
gus

Re: Dialogue GUI/System

Post by gus »

Okay. I've added many default filters, so dialogues are much better now, but not all of them (there are some filters were is simply don't understand what they do...).
Is it ok for you now?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Not really. At least the item filter should be added, since it is needed for many quests. Most of the PC stats functions could be implemented, including PC health (that is a lower priority task though). Also, the NPCs seem to think that the player is a vampire, which should limit the dialogue options a lot.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Pushed a fix. At least for me Fargoth works properly now.

Once the item filter and the vampire problems are addressed, we should start thinking about a release.
gus

Post by gus »

Done. But the game crashes when quitting.

Edit: is the player inventory implemented?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Done. But the game crashes when quitting.
Um, that is bad.
Edit: is the player inventory implemented?
Yes, for ages. Only the equipping backend is new and the inventory (container) also has a new interface. See the GetItemCount script instruction for an example how to use it.
Zini

Post by Zini »

I tried your code (after a small fix; didn't compile at first). Doesn't crash for me. But the player is still seen as being a Vampire and (I think) having Corpus too.

Edit: There are also a lot of TODO comments in the code about features that you did implement. Please remove these.
gus

Post by gus »

I tried your code (after a small fix; didn't compile at first). Doesn't crash for me. But the player is still seen as being a Vampire and (I think) having Corpus too.
Strange. Doesn't happen for me. Which NPC think you are a vampire?
Zini

Post by Zini »

I am actually not sure about the Vampire part either. But definitely affected by a disease. Ask some random Dummer. Most of them call you unclean and in need of healing. At least one of them in the Tradehouse in Seyda Neen does it, but many others too.
gus

Post by gus »

I had forgotten about deceases. I'm correcting it. But i don't think it's a vampire stuff because when the vampire filter was not their, everyone would just great you with "don't approach me vampire" or stuff like this.
Zini

Post by Zini »

I guess you are right. Looks better.

But I noticed something else: When you talk to the guy in the Tradehouse about the Fargoth quest, you can start the quest multiple times. I am not sure if that is correct. Shouldn't this topic be removed at this point. Actually I don't see any calls to the isMatching function after the dialogue is started. That does not look right.

Are you still getting crashes at shutdown? For me OpenMW runs rock solid right now.