Fixes for Uvirith's Legacy

Learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
lambda

Re: Fixes for Uvirith's Legacy

Post by lambda » 23 Jan 2020, 13:45

Since this is about UL, and I have a vague memory the problem is caused by openmw (but I may be wrong), might as well ask here.

There is an incompatibility between UL and House of Mannequins -- I think it makes the Upholsterer's shop unreachable. I read somewhere I already forgot that there is an "easy work around". Anybody knows what that workaround is? Or any workaround for that matter. Thanks in advance.

Jemolk

Post by Jemolk » 06 Feb 2020, 02:42

lambda wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 13:45
Since this is about UL, and I have a vague memory the problem is caused by openmw (but I may be wrong), might as well ask here.

There is an incompatibility between UL and House of Mannequins -- I think it makes the Upholsterer's shop unreachable. I read somewhere I already forgot that there is an "easy work around". Anybody knows what that workaround is? Or any workaround for that matter. Thanks in advance.
It's not exactly unreachable. Probably have to load UL after House of Mannequins. Walk up to the wall that got added by UL and jump. Something should trigger. And only one of the House of Mannequins doors has been covered, so you can get to both added places. Yes, it's weird, but they both extended the same spot for different things and different reasons, so unless someone wants to move one of them (the House of Mannequins would probably be the easier of the two), we're kinda stuck with it.

lambda

Post by lambda » 09 Feb 2020, 00:47

Jemolk wrote:
06 Feb 2020, 02:42
Yes, it's weird, but they both extended the same spot for different things and different reasons, so unless someone wants to move one of them (the House of Mannequins would probably be the easier of the two), we're kinda stuck with it.
Is this something doable in current openmw-cs? When it regards to modding, I have only dealt with things like dialog, items and spells, not graphical stuff like moving doors around. And since I am on linux, the vanilla CS has some graphical glitches and I find its UI absolutely horrible, so I am avoiding it like the plague. But if it is doable, I just might brace myself and take a shot at it.

Jemolk

Post by Jemolk » 10 Feb 2020, 00:23

lambda wrote:
09 Feb 2020, 00:47
Jemolk wrote:
06 Feb 2020, 02:42
Yes, it's weird, but they both extended the same spot for different things and different reasons, so unless someone wants to move one of them (the House of Mannequins would probably be the easier of the two), we're kinda stuck with it.
Is this something doable in current openmw-cs? When it regards to modding, I have only dealt with things like dialog, items and spells, not graphical stuff like moving doors around. And since I am on linux, the vanilla CS has some graphical glitches and I find its UI absolutely horrible, so I am avoiding it like the plague. But if it is doable, I just might brace myself and take a shot at it.
Should be, yeah. Probably the easiest thing is to move the House of Mannequins to a different canton. You'd want to add the hallway tile in the equivalent spot, move the wall down to the end of it, and add doors that are exact copies of the ones that currently exist to the new location. Pretty near a copy-and-paste job, really. Swicthing the doors actually wouldn't be graphical at all. You'd need to edit the door instances inside the mannequin shop to change where they teleport you to by updating the coordinates and cell name. And probably remove the originals, of course, but that's easy enough. Just extended revert the House of Mannequins changes to the cell you moved it from, and that's taken care of. Assuming you're editing the original House of Mannequins plugin, that is.