Bethesda doing a Skyrim remaster, no Morrowind one though.

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Ravenwing

Re: Bethesda doing a Skyrim remaster, no Morrowind one thoug

Post by Ravenwing »

Hmm, I don't really see how they even need an update, but I guess I don't really get the console perspective. If they do one, I think my wishlist would be pretty similar to AnyOldGame3's. It would be nice if they also, you know, finished the original game (a la Civil War Overhaul and Cutting Room Floor) and fixed a bunch of bugs, but I suppose the modding community has already done both of those things at no cost to them. I do remember seeing a video at some point where the devs got to spend a week tinkering around to make whatever they wanted for the game and there was some really cool stuff like dragon riding.

As to a Morrowind remake, I think they are fully aware that both OpenMW and Skywind are fulfilling that role. It would be nice to get some modern game assets for us to use though :/
raevol

Post by raevol »

Lysol has already been working on Morrowind Remastered. :)
ezze

Post by ezze »

Ravenwing wrote:As to a Morrowind remake, I think they are fully aware that both OpenMW and Skywind are fulfilling that role. It would be nice to get some modern game assets for us to use though :/
I don't know, many cases show that this big companies a part of to be pretty much totally evil also are totally unaware of the world outside their offices. Directly connected to OpenMW there is this long discussion with Matt Grandstaff that shown to be unaware of what OpenMW WAS, something you can solve in less than one hour browsing this website and the relative github page and at the end they abused their position to make the OpenMW team to promise something without any real legal reason.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

ezze wrote: I don't know, many cases show that this big companies a part of to be pretty much totally evil also are totally unaware of the world outside their offices.
Bethesda is not that big. Also, this AMA tells a lot about inner atmosphere I think, at least in BGS.
ezze

Post by ezze »

I guess we can discuss of the meaning of "that big." Definitely it's not as big as Apple or Google or Microsoft. But it hardly matters. What does BGS mean?
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

ezze wrote: What does BGS mean?
Bethesda Game Studios, duh.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Capostrophic wrote:
ezze wrote: What does BGS mean?
Bethesda Game Studios, duh.
If I hadn't clicked the article... I was going to say "Big Game Studio". ;)

I don't think everyone knows these acronyms.
ezze

Post by ezze »

Yeah, we should really stop used TLAs... Besides, Bethesda Game Studio does not appear in the article (at least in the page linked), and Bethesda Softworks did not fit.
Zobator

Post by Zobator »

Hmm, free upgrade if you have all DLC. That's a nice extra :)
Greywander

Post by Greywander »

I haven't seen a lot of info on this but my first impression is that this will mostly be a console upgrade giving mod support (as well as a rerelease on the newer consoles). I don't expect it to add anything new to the PC version, and at most I'd expect one last patch to the game to fix a few bugs. In other words, all this will likely add is mod support, which the PC already has.

Still, it depends on the scale of the remaster. I feel like it would have to be pretty significant to warrant selling a separate version of the game to PC gamers. I mean, we all remember the Scholar of the First Sin fiasco, although in this case Skyrim's old enough that I don't think people would mind as much. Here's my wishlist in the event we get to see new features:
  • Linux support
  • VR support
  • More scripting functions
  • Polearms
  • Crossdressing
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Don't judge me. You know you want polearms too.

No but seriously, native VR support would be the only major change I'd expect, if anything, and I would buy the game again for that.