Flickering trees and few questions

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
silents429

Flickering trees and few questions

Post by silents429 »

So a few leaves on some trees flicker to a brighter model, and some indoor objects like the rugs, books, lamps etc all flash whenever my cursor hovers over them.

Using a fresh copy of Morrowind, newest OpenMW release and my specs are.

R7 370
Athlon 860k x4
Windows 7
4GB Ram

It's not a HUUUGE deal, but it can be a bit distracting, if you need a screenshot I can provide I guess, but is this a known problem? Is there a solution?

My other questions stem more along the lines of if there is a mod that makes it so running doesn't drain my stamina that works with Morrowind, This is just the only aspect to the game I currently can not get used to.

And if there was a way to have OpenMW integrate with steam a bit? I like to monitor how long I play games, I tried renaming a short cut for the OpenMW launcher to Morrowind.exe but steam didn't like that.

Last question, but are the unofficial patches or MCP needed for this? I don't think they are but I can be wrong.

PS. Is there any other mods that are considered essential?
DestinedToDie

Re: Flickering trees and few questions

Post by DestinedToDie »

silents429 wrote:My other questions stem more along the lines of if there is a mod that makes it so running doesn't drain my stamina that works with Morrowind, This is just the only aspect to the game I currently can not get used to.

Last question, but are the unofficial patches or MCP needed for this? I don't think they are but I can be wrong.
Go into the Construction Set, Game Settings, find fFatiqueRunBase. Change the value to 0. Save the esp and check it in your plugins. You should no longer have your fatigue drain when running.
silents429 wrote:Last question, but are the unofficial patches or MCP needed for this? I don't think they are but I can be wrong.
MCP does not work with OpenMW because it modifies Morrowind.exe, not OpenMW engine. OpenMW is unplagued by the engine issues of Morrowind engine and thus does not require being patched. The Unofficial Morrowind patch will however fix and change things in the .esm files and does not touch the engine, so if you prefer using it, do go ahead.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Smells like more FAQ entries to me...
K0kt409P

Post by K0kt409P »

The flickering trees problem sounds like Bug #2808. It's a known problem, and appears to be unique to AMD GPUs.
silents429

Post by silents429 »

psi29a wrote:Smells like more FAQ entries to me...
Wait did I miss something in the FAQ?

I read through it several times, but it WAS 4am when I posted.

And yeah, basically the same thing as that bug, damn shame. I guess I can ignore it for now.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

I mean your questions and the answers should go in the faq. :)

good questions. thank you :)