Thief Companion Constance menu topics not all there

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
argonvegell

Re: Thief Companion Constance menu topics not all there

Post by argonvegell »

wasn't able to understand, sorry, I need a break, wow, Mark Z's a genius, he understood c++ when he was just a boy, and here I am, 30 years old, Linux user, my brain is bleeding from looking at all these codes!

@sjek - i tip my hat off to you, sir, that fact that you can understand c++, wow.
sjek

Post by sjek »

" fact that you can understand c++"

that's mark z' stuff xP

thanks for the help
can bake a fix sometime later.
noticed just in readme that distributing needs a notice althought this will go..

and was actually asking about testing with original patch : )
these will go as months go by althought normally weeks
time flows
deadpool is great
argonvegell

Post by argonvegell »

Hey, thanks for the help, I wasn't able to fix the the following problem, c++ is too hard, made me get a headache, that's why I needed a break lol.

i hope emma will be informed of the patch and maybe she'll update her mod accordingly if she's still active.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

If it's the Emma, she's still pretty active on Skyrim's Nexus, and comments on her mods there generally get replied to pretty quickly. You'll probably get a response if you send a PM.
sjek

Post by sjek »

done. she's online daily and her inbox was full so placed to mod site as anyway this will take time. trying to figure out syntax ordering in main script. it seems that all is inside combat / potion check and only getcurrentaipackage =! 3 and coupleof other are outside. almost certain that even opencs fails to checks but dunno. many

if
elseif
if
else
if
endif
if
endif
endif

parts. goes to functionality checking. if it really is mismatch? some behaviour in if blocks or vanilla compile error?

julan goes to same check basically xP

ai follow distance stacking was easy to preproduce: https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/3077

edit: ah damn, it apparently updates nexus forums that way.. oh well

edit 2:

Code: Select all

Begin arrillehriskar

float time
short rand
short saydone

set rand to random 100
       ;set the stock where to tak the hp reducing change in this case
set time to (time + getsecondspassed)

if menumode==0
        ;if not in dialogue or menus
 if time > 5
        ;time used to prevent say function repeat
  if getdistance player < 600
        ;player must sneak behind stairs wall or behind arrille desk
   if getlos player == 0
        ;seen by hriskar
    if saydone==1
     say "Vo/n/m/bHlo_NM018.mp3" "alfred tells me things, friend... secret things"
    endif
   elseif rand < 99
        ;change from set rand to say. probaply better write distance dependant and/or race, journal check
    if saydone==1
     say "Vo/n/m/bHlo_NM030.mp3" "aahhh... you arrived. these are trange times my friend"
    endif
   else 
    player->modhealth -1
        ;things to do while hriskar is speaking and rand > 99
   endif
  endif
 endif
endif

if time > 10
 set time to 0
   ;to repeat above shedule
endif

End arrillehriskar
this works in openmw (got data corruption in vanilla cs, second try dialogue say works, above not in vanilla ) and for the indentation the else is triggered when, if saydone==1 isn't true ie. else applies when, if inside previous elseif are false and elseif itself is false (otherwise that would have done serious dmg)

leading in script that else is applied (hp reduced) while hrisskar is speaking, saydone being singletime trigger for say function.

kills player kinda quickly with random < 50 and modhealth -10
diminishing hp once per speaking need modhealth inside saydone