Found a few bugs in OS X.

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
AlphaMode2

Found a few bugs in OS X.

Post by AlphaMode2 »

The reason i am not reporting this on http://bugs.openmw.org is because i don't have a "OpenID" account.

These are the bugs.

1. No battle music when you are in battle. (was supposed to be fixed in 0.31.0 but isn't for me)
Happens all the time.
2. No sound effects for weapons and spells.
Happen most of the time, sometimes they go on for a few minutes then they are muted.
3. When you are in full screen, the mouse isn't where the pointer is. Its like if i click on "Exit" then it clicks on "Load" on the main menu for example.

Im using the latest OpenMW 0.31.0 build.
OS X 10.9.4
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Re: Found a few bugs in OS X.

Post by lgromanowski »

AlphaMode2 wrote:The reason i am not reporting this on http://bugs.openmw.org is because i don't have a "OpenID" account.
Hi,
you don't have to have OpenID account, just register new account with user name/password.
AlphaMode2

Post by AlphaMode2 »

I can't register there.
Heres my log

Code: Select all

Music Error: FFmpeg exception: Failed to allocate input stream
Unhandled SDL event of type 0x702
Playing music/battle/mw battle 4.mp3
Error updating stream "music/battle/mw battle 4.mp3"
Theres the same thing for every music file.

What could be the issue?
corristo

Post by corristo »

Thanks for your report.

Not completely sure about 1. & 2., needs more testing on my side. Are you sure you have a correct Morrowind installation, with all battle music files in place?

Regarding 3., could you describe your exact actions required to trigger this bug? I experienced something similar during our transition to SDL, but that was Ogre bug that was fixed in 1.9.
AlphaMode2

Post by AlphaMode2 »

corristo wrote: Not completely sure about 1. & 2., needs more testing on my side. Are you sure you have a correct Morrowind installation, with all battle music files in place?

Regarding 3., could you describe your exact actions required to trigger this bug? I
Im 100% sure that i have all the necessary files. I don't have to do anything to reproduce it, its always there.
I think it might be a issue with OS X since it chooses a random music file (i guess?) in the music folder, but OpenMW tried to play a .DS_STORE (it is a file that store icon positions and other custom folder attributes such as background). Maybe you should code so that it looks for the actually file format, in this case mp3. If it already doesn't do that, then its another error.