OpenMW Nightly builds

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
AnyOldName3

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by AnyOldName3 »

We fixed the Windows links on the downloads page, though.
K1ll

Post by K1ll »

Mantar wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 22:05 Linux nightlies are busted again. It links to libMyGuiEngine.so.3.4.1 and libyaml-cpp.so.0.7, but the libs folder only ships libMyGuiEngine.so.3.4.0 and libyaml-cpp.so.0.
Hi, thanks for noticing and reporting this. Should be fixed with the next nightly. Also you can just rename libMyGuiEngine.so.3.4.0 to libMyGuiEngine.so.3.4.1 and libyaml-cpp.so.0 to libyaml-cpp.so.0.7 for the current nightlies. The shipped libraries are the correct version but I forgot to update the filenames.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Are Nightly Builds available for Fedora-based distros?, I recently switched to Nobara Linux and am greatly enjoying my time with it so far.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Don't think so, but I believe Capo runs Fedora so he might be able to give a better answer.

If there are no packaged nightly builds anywhere for Fedora, perhaps consider making a script to build OpenMW yourself. It's quite simple actually. It's just that it takes some time (depending on your hardware) really. Here are the instructions for Fedora: https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title ... orkstation
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

We're looking to try to build generic builds as dailies.
KnightoftheWind

Would a development Flatpak be possible?. I was going to recommend Appimages as well, but perhaps not.
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

KnightoftheWind wrote: 05 Mar 2023, 00:38 Would a development Flatpak be possible?. I was going to recommend Appimages as well, but perhaps not.
One more vote here: the PPA version don't have Multithreaded Bullet. If a Flatpak version could fix this I'd love to try.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Amenophis wrote: 05 Mar 2023, 00:48
KnightoftheWind wrote: 05 Mar 2023, 00:38 Would a development Flatpak be possible?. I was going to recommend Appimages as well, but perhaps not.
One more vote here: the PPA version don't have Multithreaded Bullet. If a Flatpak version could fix this I'd love to try.
Hmmmm... I might be able to fix this. :)

But yes, have a daily generic linux build would solve a LOT of problems.
KnightoftheWind

Flatpaks are just plain awesome, it would alleviate a lot of the headaches involved with installing dev builds and be cross platform across different Linux distros. :D
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

I've been considering asking for a push token for OpenMW, so that we could push development builds to flathub directly from our CI pipelines.