Which mods or mod-packs do you recommend?

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
sg1efc

Which mods or mod-packs do you recommend?

Post by sg1efc »

Been reading all about what OpenMW and it's great, just watched the videos again. :) Even though I have had Morrowind since it first came out on Xbox, was never able to get very far without the game locking up on me. Now that I have it for PC, I'm wondering if people here have recommendations of any mods that you think are great to enhance the game? For example, I see this mod pack:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/morrowind-reb ... rebirth-12

Is it any good do you think? Or bettter mods out there? Are they difficult to install? = total newbie at mods, LoL. :lol: Any suggestions are appreciated, Thanks a lot. :D
Tarius

Re: Which mods or mod-packs do you recommend?

Post by Tarius »

The official forums are the better place to ask about this. However, simply searching around will have you find mod lists and various suggestions.
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

It depends what in the game you dislike most... For example if you feel a lack of immersion because the environment is too corny simply using "Necessities of Morrowind" and "Children of Morrowind" will improve the game experience much.

I like this list for example, I would like also some Ecology mod so animals are no more just sucidal-robots.
Check also this other one.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

I use this list myself, with some additions of smaller mods that I like using. Necessities of Morrowind among them.
sg1efc

Post by sg1efc »

Oh wow, great! Thank you all very much. Really appreciate your help and advice. I know there are quite a bit of mods out there, sorry I wasn't very specific. Did see other forums/places that mentioned various mods on the web, but figured that based on the nature of this forum/project, there would be many experts here with the most up to date opinions. :)

Thinking primarily of mods that may fix bugs/problems and maybe enhance the game, make things look nicer than they already are. Must say again by the way, that the OpenMW water looks really spectacular, just like real water and everything else in the videos I watched at Youtube also looks awesome. 8-)

Thanks again! :)
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

Last suggestion. Try to avoid the mod-madness, otherwise you will pass hours and hours adding and removing mods instead of playing.

If you try many mods, do not forget this.
sg1efc

Post by sg1efc »

Cool, Thanks Ezzetabi. :)
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

I also made a similar topic in the past. There might be some interesting stuff, but it seems OpenMW community is shy about modding. I guess they are at higher level of game-making (and it is totally cool).
sg1efc

Post by sg1efc »

ezzetabi wrote:I also made a similar topic in the past. There might be some interesting stuff, but it seems OpenMW community is shy about modding. I guess they are at higher level of game-making (and it is totally cool).
Thanks for telling me about your thread, just read through it and it's great & has awesome info. :)
Necrod

Post by Necrod »

Unless you are nostalgic and want to have original graphics, this is a must-have
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d69wYi3_LWo
It has all the latest graphics improvement mods, and third party software needed to use it's full potential, all nicely packaged with a semi-automatic installer