How to work healthy and productive

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
sirherrbatka

How to work healthy and productive

Post by sirherrbatka »

Hi, mighty developers.

What is your way to work healthy on the computer? How often you take a brake, what you are doing while you taken a brake? Does your vision is blurred? Do you have problems to fall asleep?
WeirdSexy

Re: How to work healthy and productive

Post by WeirdSexy »

Every so often when my eyeballs start to get sore and I can't focus on anything I say to myself "Ok, make a habit of getting up every hour and a half to look out your window at all the happy people playing outside for 5 or 10 minutes". But I never do this for long. I became nearsighted very quickly when I started playing Morrowind in 2002.

I've always had trouble sleeping, even before I really started using computers as a kid. It's definitely worse if I play a video game or am doing some work of any kind before I go to bed. Reading before bed doesn't help really, though. I might just start sitting in the dark doing nothing for an hour or so before bed and see if that helps.

EDIT: Getting regular exercise helps with the sleeping issues, though.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

After using a whole day RSIbrake i must admit that this a usefull software. Short brakes every 10 minutes not only helps to save the vision but also allows to keep focus and fresh. 20 secund is enough to make short isometric exercise. I strongly recommend this software.

I also use redshift. I can't even imagine using a computer without it. For windows there is a software that does the same called Flux.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

sirherrbatka wrote:Do you have problems to fall asleep?
Don't work or play where you sleep. Bed is for sleeping. Associating it with late nights on the computer is just asking for insomnia.
Zedd

Post by Zedd »

I normally listen to specific music when i try to fall asleep. As an example, try this out.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

Sometimes I look at the screen so long, it looks like have been smoking because my eyes are red.