Save/Load features

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
sirherrbatka

Save/Load features

Post by sirherrbatka »

hi, since we have multiple esm/esp support in master I suspect that Saving and Loading is not terrible far away. This encouraged me to write this post.

I would love split list first by character and secondly by date, or even make tabs for different characters. Good way to reduce clutter if you have bunch of old characters or you share your computer with someone else.

Also:
Can we improve autosaves so we will have more then just one? Just like arx libertatis ─ let's store 5 autosaves, overwritting the oldest one.
wheybags

Re: Save/Load features

Post by wheybags »

I am very much in agreement here.
Also - quickload loads most recent save of any kind, NOT just most recent quicksave.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

not sure about that. I would like to have the option to load quick save anyway. Maybe a ctrl+quick load to load quick save.
wheybags

Post by wheybags »

It's a pain when I die and hit F9 before the death animation finshes, only to load an ancient quicksave when there's a quite recent autosave.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

in morrowind there is a dialog window after death that ask you if you want to load most recent saved game.

Anyway:
I think that we are talking hrer about pre 1.0.0 features, do we agree about it?
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

sirherrbatka wrote:in morrowind there is a dialog window after death that ask you if you want to load most recent saved game.

Anyway:
I think that we are talking hrer about pre 1.0.0 features, do we agree about it?
This shouldnt be considered a big deal. Its trivial to simply pick which save gets loaded. So yea, should be pre 1.0.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Nope. Any changes of this kind will require additional labels in the UI (e.g. for settings, since we should not force these changes on the user). But that we can't do prior to 1.0 without breaking localisation.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

Zini wrote:Nope. Any changes of this kind will require additional labels in the UI (e.g. for settings, since we should not force these changes on the user). But that we can't do prior to 1.0 without breaking localisation.
Zini, I think this just involves when a certain save gets loaded, not additional features. Or did I misunderstand something here?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Well, we are talking about different load/save enhancements in this thread. But pretty much all of them require some enhancements to the UI, if we want to do them properly and not just hack them in.
evercharmer

Post by evercharmer »

There is one feature with regards to saves that I think should be there by default, and that is the ability to delete them in-game. It's practically criminal that you can't do this in Morrowind.