Thanks for a good year

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
ElderTroll

Thanks for a good year

Post by ElderTroll »

Hey everyone,

It's time for me to move on to another project. I really appreciate all the cool things people have been doing like sir's posts, weirdsexy's videos, the example suite, website redesigns, forum improvements, new forum icons, all the translations and of course all the programming. Zedd will be taking over my responsibilities. I'll still be popping in, but I'm going to be trying to learn programming and help bring other open source game projects up to OpenMW's level of organization. I feel like the OpenMW community can handle what I do. :D
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Re: Thanks for a good year

Post by lgromanowski »

Thank you ElderTroll!
Zedd

Post by Zedd »

May the wind be on your back.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Thanks for all you've done! I'll expect you to keep your word about popping in here and there! Good luck in your (figurative)travels.
raevol

Post by raevol »

NooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOoooooooooooooo! Eldertroll!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'll miss you man! Take care, and yes, please keep posting here!!
HiPhish

Post by HiPhish »

ElderTroll wrote:I'll still be popping in, but I'm going to be trying to learn programming and help bring other open source game projects up to OpenMW's level of organization.
You're awesome! Do you have any specific projects in mind? I think GemRB (Infinity Engine remake) and Nuvie (Ultima VI engine remake) could really use some polish. I'm really more interested in Nuvie, those games run great in DOSBox, but the interface of Ultima VI, Savage Empire and Martian Dreams is just awful. Nuvie has the ability to replace it with an Ultima VII style minimalistic interface. The Infinity engine games on the other hand run very well in Wine and there is not much in terms of user comfort that would need teaking. Besides, there is like a million mods out there for those games.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Thanks for all your hard work Elder Troll! Keep posting at the forums and whatnot!
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

Good luck on your future endeavors, you will be missed! :cry:
TorbenC

Post by TorbenC »

Good luck, I have been watching this project for about a year now and I may not know you to well but I know how much you helped out on the project. Have fun with your future projects!
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

have fun