Settings in the options menu

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Lazaroth

Settings in the options menu

Post by Lazaroth »

Is it feasible to add additional settings/tweaks to the options menu pre-1.0?

I'm not talking about big things, but things that people may enjoy or which could make things easier, but that differs from vanilla MW. There are two things I'm thinking of right now:

1. The persuasion menu
In another thread I reported a bug where the persuasion menu didn't close directly after an attempt. This is one of those things that bugged me in vanilla, when you wanted to persuade and having to open the dialogue 20 times.

An alternative way to fix this is to add a similar button to this dialogue as the inventory etc has top right, i.e. that it doesn't close.

2. Loading bar
I thought of this when I watched the 0.18 video and noticed he'd changed the intro location. Unsure if it was due to this reason, but still it would be nice to have the loading bar toggable on/off.
Zini

Re: Settings in the options menu

Post by Zini »

Is it feasible to add additional settings/tweaks to the options menu pre-1.0?
Absolutely not! We have already a few that were unavoidable and that broke the localisation. We can not have any new user visible text (e.g. labels) before we have taken control over the ESX format and can add GMSTs to it.
Lazaroth

Post by Lazaroth »

I can understand that, but if that is the only reason I don't see why such things can't be added as a line in a config file, unless this is something you don't feel is necessary before 1.0 obviously.
I can for instance see usefulness for bug testing, playing, recording videos such as WeirdSexy's etc. Not just necessarily just the 2 examples I wrote, but relatively small things like that.
Zini

Post by Zini »

I can for instance see usefulness for bug testing, playing, recording videos such as WeirdSexy's etc. Not just necessarily just the 2 examples I wrote, but relatively small things like that.
Sorry, I don't see that. And in particular I don't like disabling the loading bar. If the game is temporarily blocked, then there should be a visual indication.