OpenMW 0.21.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
raevol

Re: OpenMW 0.21.0

Post by raevol »

Guys, I've been super busy the past few days. Wanted to drop by and say I'm still keeping tabs on this, never fear.

Plus, we need more testing anyway. TEST! Please post if you ran something and it ran fine!!!
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

nextAnomoly.png
Is "next" and "prev" stretched like this for everyone? Does this little white box appear to the side of "next"?
oddLighting.png
Is there an issue for this weird subtractive lighting from the fireplace?
overlyReflectiveWater.jpg
I'm sorry, but the water is overly reflective. Any plans for fixing this?
textureBlending.jpg
The reason we don't have texture blending is Feature #149: Texture Alphas, right?

Also, if you open the journal, then press escape to get to the main in-game menu (without closing journal), it makes the "close book" sound and then the "open book" sound when you press escape again or select "return". These sounds should not play in this case.

There are also some issues with character creation windows. For example, when you approach the guard on the dock that asks you your race, you can select "back" in the race window to get back to the name window. When you select "ok" in the name window, the guard treats it as though you said "ok" in the race window as well.

Do any of these issues need to be added to the issue tracker?

EDIT: It's going to be tomorrow or Saturday before I can post a video.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Also, how do you play videos that are not extracted directly into the 'Morrowind/Data Files/Video' folder? The only files I have in there are from Bloodmoon, how do I play the Morrowind intro cinematic?
Last edited by WeirdSexy on 15 Feb 2013, 02:53, edited 1 time in total.
Chris

Post by Chris »

WeirdSexy wrote:Is "next" and "prev" stretched like this for everyone? Does this little white box appear to the side of "next"?
Yeah, it's like that for me, too.
WeirdSexy wrote:Also, how do you play videos that are not extracted (from the bsa archive) directly into the 'Morrowind/Data Files/Video' folder? The only files I have in there are from Bloodmoon, how do I play the Morrowind intro cinematic?
Morrowind's videos are left on the CD for non-Steam versions. You can copy them to the Data Files/Video folder then play them like normal (playbink "mw_intro.bik" in the console).
raevol

Post by raevol »

New release draft:
The OpenMW team is proud to announce the release of version 0.21.0! Release packages for Ubuntu are now available via our Launchpad PPA (https://launchpad.net/~openmw/+archive/openmw). Release packages for other platforms are available on our Download page (https://code.google.com/p/openmw/downloads/list). This release introduces video playback, improvements to cell load time, and parsing for escape sequences in dialogue and message boxes.

--release video--

Known Issues:
- No sound when playing videos on OS X
- Extreme shaking may occur during cell transitions for some users (enable anti-aliasing as a possible workaround)
- A journal regression causes journal updates to not display correctly

Changelog:
- Various dialogue, trading, and disposition fixes and improvements
- Torch flickering improved to better match vanilla Morrowind
- Fix for attribute fluctuation when infected with Ash Woe Blight
- Adjusted activation range to better mach vanilla Morrowind
- Fixes for the Journal UI
- Fixed crash caused by Golden Saint models
- Fix for beast races being able to wear shoes
- Fix for background music not playing
- Fix for meshes without certain node names not being loaded
- Fix for incorrect terrain shape on inital cell load
- Fix for AiWander crashing the script VM
- Fix for MWGui::InventoryWindow creating a duplicate player actor at the origin
- Added video playback
- Added support for escape sequences in message box and dialogue text
- Added AI related script functions, note that AI is not functional yet
- Implemented fallbacks for necessary ini values in the importer, unused in OpenMW as of yet
- Implemented execution of scripts of objects in containers/inventories in active cells
- Cell loading performance improvements
I didn't put anything about the GMST fixing because I honestly wasn't sure how to explain it as a changelog entry. :(
Zini

Post by Zini »

I didn't put anything about the GMST fixing because I honestly wasn't sure how to explain it as a changelog entry. :(
Removed broken GMST contamination fixing mechanism?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Is "next" and "prev" stretched like this for everyone? Does this little white box appear to the side of "next"?
I do not see that here. Normally I would say that we should figure out, which under which conditions the problem appears, but we expect a rewrite for this part of the code for 0.22.0 anyway, it is probably not worth investigating.
I would guess so.
@scrawl ?
The reason we don't have texture blending is Feature #149: Texture Alphas, right?
I do not think so. Texture alphas is about transparent objects. The terrain is something entirely different. @scrawl ?
Also, if you open the journal, then press escape to get to the main in-game menu (without closing journal), it makes the "close book" sound and then the "open book" sound when you press escape again or select "return". These sounds should not play in this case.
Please file a bug for that.
There are also some issues with character creation windows. For example, when you approach the guard on the dock that asks you your race, you can select "back" in the race window to get back to the name window. When you select "ok" in the name window, the guard treats it as though you said "ok" in the race window as well.
Please file a bug for that.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

WeirdSexy aka OpenMW's Best Quality Assurance

Great job as always. :)
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Resolved.
This is more or less physically accurate. See: Snell's window
I think it would look better though if underwater objects were a bit darker in general. I'll try to make it better fit morrowind's color scheme in that regard.
Resolved.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

scrawl wrote:
This is more or less physically accurate. See: Snell's window
I think it would look better though if underwater objects were a bit darker in general. I'll try to make it better fit Morrowind's color scheme in that regard.
Ok, I've thought about it more and you're absolutely right. For clear swimming pool-like water, the current reflections are just fine. Water in general just needs to be a bit murkier. Anyway, not like it's a bug or anything :D