OpenMW 0.35.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
scrawl

Re: OpenMW 0.35.0

Post by scrawl »

corristo wrote:@HiPhish: fair enough, but I'm not sure if OpenMW path handling is flexible enough to handle this distinction.
I think it should be. We have a user config path and a user data path. If I understand correctly the "Application support" would be the user data path.
HiPhish

Post by HiPhish »

Yes, but it's really not that important, if you print the screenshot path to the UI people will find it. I's just that I didn't expect to search for it there.
matthewfarmery

Post by matthewfarmery »

Hi, I have come across an issue, but not really sure if it's harmless or not? when I use resetactors (console) in Balmora near to the Slit Strider, using the above command generate no errors, but later uses of that command, it does generate an error, error in the console is

Code: Select all

Error: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): SceneNode '' not found. in SceneManager::getSceneNode at C:\Repos\OpenMW\Dependencies\Ogre\Source\OgreMain\src\OgreSceneManager.cpp (line 920)
I not put this in the bug tracker, but not sure if its really critical or harmless, but I'm using the 0.35RC from Ace (SWE) 64bit link from his post on page 2, so not sure if this is a build issue, or MW issue. if you want more details please ask, but I can reproduce this in outdoor areas, (at least in Balmora) indoor areas seem fine.

anyway, thought I would post this here, otherwise, not seeing anything else worth mentioning, but I not really got that far into the game yet. so far the build has been really stable, and no crashes yet.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Fix pushed to openmw-35 branch. The error would happen when a disabled object is moved between cells.
matthewfarmery

Post by matthewfarmery »

scrawl wrote:Fix pushed to openmw-35 branch. The error would happen when a disabled object is moved between cells.
that is great, just wasn't sure what was causing the problem, hence posting it here first, but good that you got it fixed.

and well done by the way for this awesome engine, good to get back into morrowind once more. but anyway, so far so good. and keep up the great work you are all doing! :D
raevol

Post by raevol »

Release log draft is here: https://gist.github.com/mickeylyle/3b979b61091d0619c285

Any comments/fixes gladly appreciated. Some notes:

Are these still known issues?
- Crash when trying to view cell in render view in OpenCS on OSX
- Crash when switching from full screen to windowed mode on D3D9

Were these fixed?:
Bug #1730: Scripts names starting with digit(s) fail to compile
Bug #1980: Please, change default click behavior in OpenMW Launchers Data Files list
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

- Implemented ess-Importer, an importer for vanilla Morrowind save games
This should mention it is not complete yet.
- Implemented previous/next and spell equipping hotkeys
Was this meant to say "previous/next weapon and spell equipping hotkeys"?
- Fixed items dopped by the player having collision if they have a RootCollisionNode
dropped
- Fixed the ressurect function to work correctly
resurrect
- Fixed functionaly to allow mods to overwrite existing records in the IndexedStore
functionality
- Fixed hanlding deleted references to fix the "Gateway Ghost" quest
handling
- Fixed display of load order problems in the Data Files tab of the launcher
This should be in Implemented rather than Fixed.
Were these fixed?:
Yes and yes.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

There are a few changes that are strangely worded;
- Fixed items dropped by the player having collision if they have a RootCollisionNode
Does this mean they used to have collision but now no longer do, or that they didn't have collisions and now do?
- Fixed autogenerated collision to be disabled only if RootCollisionNode is a child of the root node
Trying to solve the logic in this one is making my brain hurt. I would try to give a suggestion but I can't actually figure out what the intended effect is or what the fix changed just from reading the line.
corristo

Post by corristo »

Are these still known issues?
- Crash when trying to view cell in render view in OpenCS on OSX
Yes.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Thanks all. My usually mediocre copyediting was pretty terribad this time. Lots of revisions: https://gist.github.com/mickeylyle/3b97 ... /revisions

Still waiting to hear if this is still a known issue?:
- Crash when switching from full screen to windowed mode on D3D9

I can't test that one as I don't have a windows box. :/