Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Zedd

Re: 100,000 views

Post by Zedd »

well, aren't we planning the release of openMW v 0.20.0 around that period? Seems to me like we can do both to saturate our fans, so that our coding guys can take a break.
Zini

Post by Zini »

FAQ 2 works for me.
raevol

Post by raevol »

WeirdSexy how long are you out of town for? 0.20.0 is going to be pretty epic, so we definitely need a release video for it before we release. And if you're going to be out of town for a while, we should plan around your schedule and try to get as much done as we can before you get back! Just a thought. As far as I know we may still have a lot to do for 0.20.0 after you get back.
Zini

Post by Zini »

With how things are currently going, I don't know if 0.20.0 will be as big as we expected. The dialogue stuff is ready, yes. But we don't have working weapon rendering yet, which is definitely not trivial to get right. And then we still have to implement melee, which will also be rather complex. Considering that we are already deep into the second week of 0.20.0, we will either not have melee or a late release again.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Aw. :(
gus

Post by gus »

But we don't have working weapon rendering yet, which is definitely not trivial to get right
I think I know how to make it work. In my latest branch, the weapon is attached when you play the weapon equip animation at the right moment. So I think I've done the hardest part. Of course there is still plenty of stuff to do, but it should be easier.

The only problem, is that openmw doesn't work on my new computer, so as long as it do not work, I cannot continue this task.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Let's do the gource video between .20 and .21, towards the end of December. Weirdsexy, think you can make an up to date video that includes this last month? That way each following year can wrap up with that year's gource.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

ElderTroll wrote:Let's do the gource video between .20 and .21, towards the end of December. WeirdSexy, think you can make an up to date video that includes this last month? That way each following year can wrap up with that year's gource.
Yeah that's my idea of what it should be "gource New Years 2013...etc". Just seems completely random to put a gource video out at any other time than the start of a new year of development or on the project's anniversary, etc.
Also, the project is getting to the point where people are asking "well what exactly isn't implemented? I can't very well be bothered to read all the changelogs...". It might be a good idea for me to make some sort of "State of the Engine" video early in the year.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

@Weirdsexy
Yeah, I agree with your ideas for the gource video.

The state of the engine video should clearly state the date it was made and that it is specific only to that time. As each month to two months additional features are added.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

ElderTroll wrote:@Weirdsexy
Yeah, I agree with your ideas for the gource video.

The state of the engine video should clearly state the date it was made and that it is specific only to that time. As each month to two months additional features are added.
Right, I should have said "State of the Engine: Jan 2013" :)