OpenMW 0.20.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
WeirdSexy

Re: OpenMW 0.20.0

Post by WeirdSexy »

Gonna make video V2 right now.
I just going to show the first two quests on the main questline and say "...to show the importance of this feature (the dialogue functions), we're going to show the first two quests in Morrowind's main questline as a teaser."

Sound good?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Fine with me.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Video is encoding, will upload in a bit. First I'm going to go to the gym. Otherwise I will soon just be Weird and not also Sexy.

EDIT: Video will be live at: http://youtu.be/swXDXgYUqFA
Zini

Post by Zini »

Well done.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Really nice job, Weird. That was as good idea to keep it to 2 quests for more reasons than just that it would break eventually ;). It means you didn't have to speed up yourself doing the whole main quest, which would have been nigh unwatchable and seizure inducing, or it would have been really long.

Great job as usual!
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Greendogo wrote:Really nice job, Weird. That was as good idea to keep it to 2 quests for more reasons than just that it would break eventually ;). It means you didn't have to speed up yourself doing the whole main quest, which would have been nigh unwatchable and seizure inducing, or it would have been really long.

Great job as usual!
Believe me, it was. I actually put a (bad) version up like that, it's unlisted on our channel right now. Anyway, just look at it as me having done 8 hours of testing :D I have a couple of bugs to study/report.

EDIT: Eldertroll, how was my voice this time around? :)
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Manly.

That was the ninth release btw :D versions 0.12.0 to 0.20.0

Great job on the video. I appreciated the different starting location. I can't wait until we get animations and combat incorporated. imho, I think that's where the coding effort should be going is to get it playable. Once people can see their character run and jump around and murder things who are doing the same, they'll want to start improving the code too.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Other things aren't going to run and jump and murder things until their AI is implemented too..
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Right :lol:

It's going to be a while.
raevol

Post by raevol »

So we are going ahead with the release?

I am going to do the uploads, because I have time right now, and I will post the announcement as a draft. Zini, let us know if this is ok, and then anyone can approve the post, and then I'll make the announcements on our twitter and facebook.