OpenMW 0.17.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: OpenMW 0.17.0

Post by psi29a »

Meh, no big deal.. many more releases in our future. :)
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI0GP2p8 ... e=youtu.be

It is a bit short. I've had a couple of busy days and classes started today and that affected it, or I might just be rusty. I've also been a bit sick and was having trouble talking :) . If the release doesn't happen for a few days I could make a better one this weekend.

EDIT: Thanks Scrawl. I'm an idiot, correct link now.
Last edited by WeirdSexy on 23 Aug 2012, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

link does not work.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

scrawl wrote:link does not work.
Try it again, the video works now.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

Someone who is watching these forums has posted this video into the wild. You might as well make it a listed video now.

The video is very presentable, but I hope there's something in place to prevent any leakage of media you aren't ready to release yet.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

Okulo wrote:Someone who is watching these forums has posted this video into the wild. You might as well make it a listed video now.

The video is very presentable, but I hope there's something in place to prevent any leakage of media you aren't ready to release yet.
Thats the same video linked a couple posts above.

Anyway, video looks fine. It is short as said though.

Kinda off topic,
I see what happens when you are under the water and can see the surface. I think the reflection should be reduced quite a bit as it currently is quite reflective. Not really critical though I guess.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

I agree about the underwater reflection. Currently there is a sort of "circle" where you can see through the surface of the water to the sky. Everything outside the perimeter of that circle is a solid reflection of the floor of the body of water.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

Tarius wrote:
Okulo wrote:Someone who is watching these forums has posted this video into the wild. You might as well make it a listed video now.

Thats the same video linked a couple posts above.
I know, that's what I'm saying. A visitor stopped by, saw that link to the unlisted video and promptly posted it on Reddit for sweet karma. I don't blame the person or something, I'm just saying that it's a bit strange to see unlisted videos pop up that we, from the propaganda crew, would not spread around just yet.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Great work, Weirdsexy. I liked the shorter video, loving the new player control, and scrawl your water shader is beautiful.

@Weirdsexy
It's funny, in every demonstration your speaking changes slightly and at first I think, "I liked the last one better," but then I watch it again and I say, "No, this current video is really good," and then notice some smaller details I overlooked the first time through. Maybe it's that change threatens me. Is that why I'm helping keep alive a decade old game...? Good luck with this term. What is it you are studying? You can PM me a response.

@to all the developers, zini, the testers, and package builders
Thank you! It's seriously looks good.

I will wait to make the video live. Any eta for the release?
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

ElderTroll, thanks for the encouragement! I'm aware that I sound different in all of the videos. I don't have much experience with voice overs so it stands to reason that I'd be inconsistent. The only think I worry about is it sounds like I'm shouting sometimes, but sometimes I feel like that's the only way I'm able to speak semi-clearly. I've also been told by many that I never use a consistent speaking voice anyway, so that might have something to do with it :)