OpenMW 0.21.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
raevol

Re: OpenMW 0.21.0

Post by raevol »

With Zini's addition:
The OpenMW team is proud to announce the release of version 0.21.0! Release packages for Ubuntu are now available via our Launchpad PPA (https://launchpad.net/~openmw/+archive/openmw). Release packages for other platforms are available on our Download page (https://code.google.com/p/openmw/downloads/list). This release introduces video playback, improvements to cell load time, and parsing for escape sequences in dialogue and message boxes.

--release video--

Known Issues:
- No sound when playing videos on OS X
- Extreme shaking may occur during cell transitions for some users (enable anti-aliasing as a possible workaround)
- A journal regression causes journal updates to not display correctly

Changelog:
- Various dialogue, trading, and disposition fixes and improvements
- Torch flickering improved to better match vanilla Morrowind
- Fix for attribute fluctuation when infected with Ash Woe Blight
- Adjusted activation range to better mach vanilla Morrowind
- Fixes for the Journal UI
- Fixed crash caused by Golden Saint models
- Fix for beast races being able to wear shoes
- Fix for background music not playing
- Fix for meshes without certain node names not being loaded
- Fix for incorrect terrain shape on inital cell load
- Fix for AiWander crashing the script VM
- Fix for MWGui::InventoryWindow creating a duplicate player actor at the origin
- Added video playback
- Added support for escape sequences in message box and dialogue text
- Added AI related script functions, note that AI is not functional yet
- Implemented fallbacks for necessary ini values in the importer, unused in OpenMW as of yet
- Implemented execution of scripts of objects in containers/inventories in active cells
- Cell loading performance improvements
- Removed broken GMST contamination fixing mechanism
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Are we go for real packages or are we still in rc phase?

What is left?
Zini

Post by Zini »

I am not aware of any outstanding bug fixes and we probably got as much testing as we can get. Unless I hear someone protesting, I will tag the release tomorrow.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Will someone on linux test this.
type in

Code: Select all

PlayBink, "nonsense.bik", 0
into the console. Just make sure that you aren't typing in the name of a file that actually exists. For me, this does nothing on windows. On arch linux 64-bit, it made openmw go to a black screen that I could not exit from.

Also, if you hold down the button assigned to "jump" you'll bunny hop along forever. You should only jump once per press of the button. Is there an issue on the tracker for this or is it something we shouldn't be worried about?
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

WeirdSexy wrote:Will someone on linux test this.
type in

Code: Select all

PlayBink, "nonsense.bik", 0
into the console. Just make sure that you aren't typing in the name of a file that actually exists. For me, this does nothing on windows. On arch linux 64-bit, it made openmw go to a black screen that I could not exit from.
Works as it should here.
Also, if you hold down the button assigned to "jump" you'll bunny hop along forever.
Don't worry about this, the new character physics system is being written from scratch.
HiPhish

Post by HiPhish »

On Mac that command make music go mute (it still shows regular music volume in the options menu) and calling it again re-enables music.

Another thing I noticed: There is is no tint underwater, once you dive in everything below the surface looks like above, but the outside is tinted.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

HiPhish wrote:On Mac that command make music go mute (it still shows regular music volume in the options menu) and calling it again re-enables music.

Another thing I noticed: There is is no tint underwater, once you dive in everything below the surface looks like above, but the outside is tinted.
Oh yeah, I meant to ask about that. With water shaders turned off, this is the case for me as well. I figured this was known and the same for everyone.
openmw 2013-02-15 15-17-11-14.jpg
Playing Bink videos has no sound for me, is this expected?

Also, are we aware that "dead" NPCs don't equip their clothing? This is the dead tax guy, Processus Vitellius, near Seyda Neen. I check some other NPCs that are supposed to be dead, same deal, no clothes.
openmw 2013-02-15 14-57-23-70.jpg
Zini

Post by Zini »

Also, are we aware that "dead" NPCs don't equip their clothing? This is the dead tax guy, Processus Vitellius, near Seyda Neen. I check some other NPCs that are supposed to be dead, same deal, no clothes.
Oops. I think I screwed up there. Completely missed that case. Feel free to add an issue.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

WeirdSexy wrote: Playing Bink videos has no sound for me, is this expected?
http://bugs.openmw.org/issues/556
raevol

Post by raevol »

Zini wrote:I am not aware of any outstanding bug fixes and we probably got as much testing as we can get.
As a former professional QA person, this makes me cringe so much, haha. But I need to remember that we are in pre-alpha and it's not supposed to be perfect. :) Looking forward to the release, still waiting for the video from WeirdSexy. I will be somewhat busy this weekend, but expect to be able to get it out the door no more than a few days after you call it.